Servos advice

Thread: Servos advice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servos advice

Hello, I am in the process of building a cnc table. I try to keep cost as minimum possible so I decide to reuse a controller that i had wich have 3 servo's ports.

I have no real clue about the software i will use nor the part my controller will handle.

Choice #1: Data (for step motor) will be send across the parallel port of the pc, my actual controller will pick up the data and use it to control servo motor control in close loop, make them acting like stepper.

Choice #2 the one I prefer but...) Gcode files will be transmit across rs-232 to my controller that will have a gcode interpreter build inside and will translate Gcode commands to my servo.

Logically, the choice #1 seems to be the easiest but also the less flexible.

On the other hand, Gcode does not seems to be a big deal to program, but i am not sur if I envision well the task.

Is anyone can tell me if trying to program all the Gcode subroutine in my controller is something that will lock me all the next 5 month in my basement or is it somethings that make sens?

Your advices will be appreciated.