Crest part on a Cheap CNC - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crest part on a Cheap CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Marv, have you tried the motors series wired? Are you running them parallel at 2.5a? If so, your probably getting no more than 150 oz-in of torque. Wired series at 2a should give you more torque. I'm just wondering because I have motors with similar current ratings and will be using a Xylotex. Thanks

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cheap CNC Mod

Ger,
    Yes, I know I'm not getting full torque. I did try them wired in series when I first installed them and could not tell a lot of difference. I may do it again since the machine has been run in now I may see more difference. They work pretty good like they are though.

Thanks,
    Marv

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cheap CNC Mod

Just finished wiring up my spindle control using Tei Newman-Lehman's (teihardo.com) method. Works great and will be very nice with the enclosure. Thanks Tei.

Marv

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Artcam 6.008 will also do rest tool pathing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now gentlemen 8 hours to make a design on a piece of wood well, over here in the uk there is a product called "Trend" who make a template for a home router ,that will carve a design by way of a conical cutter into door panels and drawer fronts and it takes about 10 mins to do.my bedroom doors i did with this template after they were varnished they looked great.
    ttfn BAZ

Baz

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shedkid,
    Got any pictures to show us??

Marv

Downloads
    Uploads

Now gentlemen 8 hours to make a design on a piece of wood well, over here in the uk there is a product called "Trend" who make a template for a home router ,that will carve a design by way of a conical cutter into door panels and drawer fronts and it takes about 10 mins to do.my bedroom doors i did with this template after they were varnished they looked great.
    I also have this same setup. This is nothing like carving a 3D relief pattern. This is simple valley cuts into wood. I can do this on my CNC router without the pattern using a V cutter and it would take less than 5 min for the simple shapes you can get.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123