CNC Parts Bargins in Taiwan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Parts Bargins in Taiwan?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Parts Bargins in Taiwan?

I will be going to Taiwan in about a week and will be there for a month. I was wondering of anyone knows of a source of bargains there in the areas of:
    Servo motors
    THK Bearings and Rails
    Power Supply
    Controllers ( probably should buy controllers here for warranties sake)

Am planning a moving gantry that has a work area of 24” X 48”, and will be cutting wood and aluminum.

What would be an advisable size for the Motors, THK Bearings and Power supply.

Thanks,

Hager Hay

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:
    I am wondering if you will be in Taipei or North Taiwan. There is exactly a sweep shop of the parts you mentioning in North Taiwan.
    Unfortunately I could not translate the address from Chinese to English properly, the shop is behind the headquarter of EVA Air in TaoYuan.
    The address in Chinese is : 桃縣龜山鄉民生北路一段445號,研碩企業社

Hope you could read chinese in your computer or you could get a GPS from the electronics streets in Taipei and I could give you the GPS location.

I am in Taiwan working in CKS airport, TaoYuan. You may contact me throught e-mail or mobile: 0926311291. If I have time, I could give you a lift to there.

Best Regards

Tom

calkai@hotmail.com

Last edited by calkai1; 10-08-2004 at 12:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom

I am still in the US my wife and I will leave next week. My wife translated the address for me and she knows the area, there family used to live in Tao Yuan.
    What is a sweep shop?
    Hope I can find some goodies at a good price over there.

Thanks Tom

Hager Hay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:
    Sorry for my wrong vocabulary. It could be said as the factory equipment outlet selling the clearance stock of THK, NSK, Pacific, SANYO.JAPANSERVO and so on. Some are brand new, some are used.

桃縣龜山鄉民生北路一段445號.南崁交流道長榮航空大樓正後方.
    研碩企業社.
    0910155897.(03)3118516. Mr. Lin

Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds pretty promising, I will for sure check this out when I am there.

Have you or are you bilding a CNC? I have a movable table CNC completed except for the wiring. But won't finish it until I return from Taiwan in November.

Thanks
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Halo,
    are you guys from Taiwan?

Freeman

Downloads
    Uploads

My wife is. We were there for a month visiting family and friends. An I purchased some linear bearings and ball screws from a seller of surplus supplies like this.
    Regards
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Halo Mr.Chips, Im Freeman, Im from Taiwan and also a British citizen.
    Im building a cnc machine aswell and in 2 days time I will leave UK to Taiwan, and will start buying parts in taiwan. Im a Product Design Student and very interested in CNC machines. So far I have ordered 3 Geckdrives G320, and the rest will be built in my fathers factory...
    well nice to meet you
    Freeman

Downloads
    Uploads

I'v heard good things about the Geco's they should work well for you.

I met a fellow, Tom in Taiwan that is also interested in CNC's look earlier in this thread for his phone no. He helped my a lot. He also went to school in the UK.

And it's really good to have a Dad that has a factory to take advantage of. Ha Ha

Do you have a plan yet, would be interested in seeing it.

Regards
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

At the moment Im trying to build a controller same as this: 'http://www.homecnc.info/servomotor.htm', but my electronis is not very good, therefore need more support from Electronics people..ha ha then the hardware I will build it in Taiwan.
    There's a wiring diagram of the controller in pdf, still trying to figure out how to connect all those parts....

Freeman

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

you know, you could bring enough home for the rest of the class, buddy ol pal

if not then you get this

-Allen

Downloads
    Uploads

Freeman

Well CNCZone is the place for the expertise in just about any area. Just go to the forum that has been set up for your particular need and ask away.

You might post a brief sentence of your goals then ask one or two very focused questions, that way it won’t seem overwhelming to answer.

I’m with you electronics is my weak point, I can follow a simple point to point schematic if it is well laid out but if it is incomplete because everyone knows that and it was too simple to illustrate, then I’m lost.

What do you plan to make, when you get it running? I am interested in making an all wood pendulum clock.

Later
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Allen,

You know your right, but I didn’t, so I guess I deserved a hair pull as shown in you post. But you won’t pull any hair from that high up, I’m ball up there. Ha Ha

Hager

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hager,

I think that's a wedgy

lol

-Allen

Downloads
    Uploads

Allen,

OHHHHHH.

Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr. Chips

I want to make aluminium parts for practice, and PCB milling....I made a lot of PCB by using chemicals, well, I have all the equipment needed to make a printed circuit board, but one thing i dont like is drilling the holes manually, so I thought if i make a cnc machine it will save me time and dont need to use chemical again cos it ruins my machines, gone rusty ( the acid is causing the metal to rust) and is bad for my health.....so Dry-machining is my plan.
    Freeman

Downloads
    Uploads

Freeman
    I like your Charlie Chan picture. I'v never decided on one yet.

Sounds like a good plan as PCB making is a good application for the machines. I see a lot of people making machines for this reason. And then you can get rid of thoes smelly acid baths.
    Make it larger and nore ridgid and it's good for aluminium.
    What is the work area size you are planning?
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr. Chips
    Work area....havent decided yet, but I think the bigger the better. Thinking of making a table which is adaptable for spindle operation and laser operation, Im in to laser aswell, but have little knowledge in laser system......I saw a laser machine made by Torchmate which is quite ideal, http://www.plasma-cutter.com[I]/, basically the table and the laser cutter is seperate, you can take the laser cutter off when not in use.....seems to be a good idea.
    So what machine do you have?
    Freeman

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by freeman_chan
    Mr. Chips
    Work area....havent decided yet, but I think the bigger the better. Thinking of making a table which is adaptable for spindle operation and laser operation, Im in to laser aswell, but have little knowledge in laser system......I saw a laser machine made by Torchmate which is quite ideal, http://www.plasma-cutter.com[I]/, basically the table and the laser cutter is seperate, you can take the laser cutter off when not in use.....seems to be a good idea.
    So what machine do you have?
    Freeman
    I didn't see a laser cutter on their site, but there is someone here building a laser. It's the only homebuilt cnc laser I've seen, and I think he said it's going to cost around $15,000.
    There is also a kit available here http://www.emissiontechnologies.com/xy.htm

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Freeman,

Here is the link to my construction:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2695

I started construction then was interrupted by my putting our house on the market, and then moving to Tucson AZ. We arrived Here in July and I haven't started to work yet on my machine. With a new house there was a long honey do list and travel to do. I'm thinking I can get back to work in Dec.
    I made this machine a fixed gantry as it would be more stable for the construction equipment I had access to. I an a wood working hobbyist so I made the frame out of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) Two of my rail axis are pretty good but had to use Gas Pipe under the table, it is supported underneath to minimize bending. I really planned to use it to make my second all metal machine.

I have acquired a lot of single and some double extruded aluminum for the 2nd mach frame. When I went to Taiwan I picked up two 4’ 20mm NSK ball screws RNFCL 2020A6, There rolled but hoping they will be accurate enough for wood work. And two IKO (Thompson) LKW25B Linear Rails. To support the movable gantry. And four 3’ NSK Linear Rails about 15mm across the rail. All rails has two trucks. I may switch to Servos for my second machine, depending on the speed and if the steppers loose steps.

Hager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast