***One stop CNC software guide***

Thread: ***One stop CNC software guide***

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ***One stop CNC software guide***

I am about to write a guide to CNC software.
    Unfortunately I don't know all the facets of the related software.
    This is where you can help. If you feel you could contribute a section to this guide, your work will go a long way to helping all those who are new to CNC.

In this thread you can post your submission. It will later be compiled into one free down-loadable document.

This is how I want to structure the guide. ( Any suggestions on the structure would be appreciated too.)

Introduction: What is CNC? Its history? Its future? How it is used in industry, and by the hobbyist.

The focus : What sort of software do you need to use CNC.
    What do the terms mean; gcode, Cad, cam, etc ( please suggest some terms)

Control software; Mach2 etc, how they work, the different types, their pros and cons, etc

The creative software What types of software do you use to create the desired project. The different types and their pros and cons

The cutting software What types of software do you use to make cutting codes. The different types and their pros and cons

Etc ( suggestions please )

To make this a current project I will be posting a weekly beta edition of the guide. At first it will be very small, but in time with many submissions it will grow to be a healthy read.
    If you have even a 1 line submission that is considered useful, them we will use that too. View this thread as a roughing out section. Nothing that is on the topic will be considered inconsequential.

EDIT: Since this is an open source document, all contributors will be acknowledged within the document.

Any pictures or drawings that are relevant would also be appreciated too. Just post it all on this thread.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ynneb; 05-25-2004 at 02:57 AM.
    Being outside the square !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Version 1.2 beta

Last edited by ynneb; 05-27-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the next version.

This is where I will really need some help.

Please can some one help me with this. I really think it will be a worthwhile document once its finished.

Please

Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey spinning ynnebbenny , I tried the download and got a windo that opened in my bobcad v19 demo program. Nothing shows!

Is it you or me?
    Mike

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Downloads
    Uploads

Turmite, I think it is you. You will need winzip to open the file. It is free to download

I have uploaded a word file of the software list. If anyone wants to fill in little bits and email me the file back i will cut and paste it into the final. You can email it to ynneb(at)ozemail.com.au

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ynneb; 05-27-2004 at 05:55 PM.