Just found some steppers!

Thread: Just found some steppers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just found some steppers!

I just found some steppers in an old junk drawer. They're complete with a gear driven rack...something I picked up for cheap at a flea market, once. I have 2 identical units.

The following is, I assume a manufacturer and model number.

NMB
    PM35L-048-HPD4
    C2124-60190 TB6627B

I know nothing about them...are these usable for anything, or are they too weak? They're fairly small...I was thinking that one might serve for a slow moving Z axis, since steppers produce decent torque at lower speeds.

Can anyone help on this?

-- Chuck Knight

P.S. What is a good source for "scavenging" steppers? Old LASERDisc players, for instance? Old IBM typewriters?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Those are too small. See here: http://www.minebea-ele.com/en/produc...00/F_1011.html

A good source is old IBM printers, and typewriters, and ebay. Look for Nema 23 motors, around 5 volts or less is best.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I went down to the local computer shop and they had some older lazer printers that they use for parts. The guy even helped me take apart 3 of them and GAVE the stepper motors to me! He asked what I was going to do with them. And when I told him about a cnc engraver. He looked at me dumb founded and told me to take the steppers!! heheheh.. Too funny.

My little piece of the web!
    http://users.adelphia.net/~wjdupont

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 4 step motors from VERY old IBM printers and i wish to use them into my first CNC, but i need help about the controling boards. look the main motor specifications:
    2.6 V / 3.1 A, 1.8 DEG/Step TYPE 34PM-C041 - Thailand - MINEBEA CO. LTD.
    Anyone can help with the boards?
    Thank. Ito-BRAZIL !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a butt load of extra motors at home and will be posting some here when I get a chance (I live in Fla and Charlie is coming, we get tomorrow off from work I will post them tomorrow) but I have 6 - 68oz/in and 4 - others I am not sure of the size, and I have some boards too. I also have a whole Servo system. Three Position servo drivers and one Speed control driver. I also have some rails and screws if anyone is interested. Time to clean out the shop!
    Glen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default big daddy garage sale...

daddy g -

i am just getting into this thing, and went ahead and bought a copy of some cheap plans, and am in the middle of gathering my scrounged materials, figuring out what i have to modify in the plans to fit my materials, what i have to buy, etc...

you just mentioned that you have various pieces/parts available that might serve for my newbie machine, and if the other person you were responding to wasn't interested, i certainly would be interested in figuring out if your leftovers will work for my nefarious purposes...

you may have also mentioned that you live in florida, as i do; i live outside of gainesville... i am a newly minted member of this site/group, so i don't know if the email eddresses are included somewhere or not; in any event, here is mine: charleyy@alltel.net

thanks, charley

eof