Hey folks,

i was referred here via the facebook group on CNC for Beginners. I'm very interested to know whose build thread/ plans I should be following on here to build a primarily wood(95%of the time), but also non ferrous metals milling(5% of the time) and most of that milling is merely straight channels in aluminum bar stock....

The vast majority of work is custom desk building, usually 4x8 tops, with engravedscenes in the top taking up most of the space.

My desks also have columns on the front that can be up to 6 inches in diameter.

My desk tops are about 2 inches thick and the entire desk has NO plywood in it, only well seasoned tropical hardwoods like purpleheart, and Lignum vitae.

I want to be able to cnc my own columns using the same hardwoods as the rest of the desk.

Based on the above needs, i think I want to build

5x10 router with atc and 4 axis with rotary capability.

Based on all that I just typed, who here has blazed a trail for me to follow? Why reinvent the wheel when someone smarter than I am already created it(likely speaking!)

Thanks in advance and a round of apologies for this noobish post.

Good things for all in the new Year!

Siberian Taiga

PS: I've already decided to build it; buying is both prohibitively expensive and I'll be documenting the build for Youtube so I'd love to be able to avoid the whole " why dont you just buy" arguments.....unless you can find me what I want made here in the USA for under 25k whose lead times aren't until May....