Howdy From DFW area of the Lone Star State

Thread: Howdy From DFW area of the Lone Star State

Default Howdy From DFW area of the Lone Star State

Just found this forum and am excited that I may be able to get some help on my DIY CNC router project from others that are more versed then I...But before let me introduce myself
    I'm retired from the aviation Industry where I just finished a lucrative career in the Manufacturing arena of Building various Jets...from the 747,757,G5,V22,Global-Hawk and most recently the JSF F35 just to name a few...My area was always in fabrication and assembly and have always enjoyed creating things...Something I only wish I had realized earlier on in life, but it is what it is...At least I have realized the self satisfaction,the achievement after building something with allot of accomplishment on building things in the last 5 years and realized I may have a knack at it...The Military career and the aviation career I have chosen has made me appreciate the design and installation, build process needed to complete the job...For me this has been rewarding...I enjoy building and have a bit more understanding on design but in many other aspects I struggle in...Electrical and matching the right item of the right component are one of my many Kryptonites, so here is where I will lean on you guys the most...Along with many more...
    I'm in the process of watching many DIY'ers who has built there own CNC router table and am getting ideas together on what I'm looking for in this build as far as design...Or at least most of it...
    We'll discuss this in another topic...Just thought I would stick my head in and say HOWDY
    Nice to be here and looking forward to all the help on the various hurdles I'm going to encounter...
    Talk Soon
    Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Howdy From DFW area of the Lone Star State

Do you plan to do everything via math or gut feeling?

Do you have access to "friend" machining so you don't have to pay for it?

Default Re: Howdy From DFW area of the Lone Star State

Do you plan to do everything via math or gut feeling? Not sure I understand via math or gut feeling

Do you have access to "friend" machining, so you don't have to pay for it? I have a bud that has a CNC router, and he may be willing to help me plus I'm sure with his mill in the shop in-which he's already allowed me to use it, I feel confident he'll let me use it again
    Paul