Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Input on this new frame

Cool thanks

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Boydage - The mixed epoxy in the pot will cure before the thin film material you paint on. This is because it being a bulk amount it traps its heat and will exotherm (gain heat) faster then the thin film which gets rid of its heat faster (stays cooler) as its thin film so cures slower....So mix 50g or 100g and paint it on. If more needed then mix a little more etc... you may have to do the pour the day after. The slow hardener thin film will cure really slow....If you have the std hardener then use that for the paint and the slow hardener for the pour...Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Well. I performed the second pour late last night. It's an average of 4mm thick. A few bubbles that I will have to block out but not concerned too much. 8 hours and it's finger nail hard.

Cleanup will be interesting but not fun.

So I am happy. Summer here in NZ. I will spend a few weeks improving my gantry and look at reassembly.

Thanks to all for input and advice. Peter especially, you were a great help.

Will post a few pics. I actually sat the T Slot table on the frame on stands for the pour as I wanted it as if. Measurement of the frame it moved 0.03mm when it took the 680kg weight. I don't have anything to compare to so will say I am happy with that too. B

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234