A Axis issue

Thread: A Axis issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A Axis issue

Hello,

I had a working cnc and everything was fine. My controller burned out so I got a new one and that fixed the problem. I replaced my controller with the identical controller. I am using all the same settings and for some reason my A axis has a mind of its own. sometimes it spins in coordination with my Y axis (A is slaved to Y) and sometimes it spins the opposite way. Its not the motor or the stepper controller because I swapped them out and everything works fine when its not on the A axis. it causes my cross bar to rack because A and Y are spinning different directions but only sometimes...I also notice the A will not make fine movements. When i lightly press the button to move Y or any other axis the motors have like 2 speeds. The a motor makes a grinding sort of noise before it begins to move...so no fine movements. Im stumped!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A Axis issue

I would double and triple check all of the wiring from the controller to the drive and from the drive to the motor itself.

I suspect a loose connection between the controller and the drive on the misbehaving channel, specifically for the direction signal. Make sure to check both ends of the wires and that all ground connecting are secure too.

Thanks, John Z

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    I would double and triple check all of the wiring from the controller to the drive and from the drive to the motor itself.

I suspect a loose connection between the controller and the drive on the misbehaving channel, specifically for the direction signal. Make sure to check both ends of the wires and that all ground connecting are secure too.

Thanks, John Z

Dude....you are a god send....I recently moved the table and had to disconnect the wires...when I put the wires back on the is motor one of the wires went under the metal clamp and was just on plastic... It took me 2 seconds to see it....THANK YOU!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome. I am glad that I was able to assist and that you were able to get your machine moving properly again.

John Z

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again!