Need Help! XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??

Thread: XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??

Hi All,

Please - no comments about avoiding "cheap" Chinese motion controllers! I was using a European AXBB-E controller until I fried it, now I have to use my old backup card, and I can't afford the the time or money for another card at this point.

So - for anyone else using an XHC (CDXHCTech) Mach3/4 card or one of their Jog controllers - do you have any idea why Google has flagged their downloads page as having harmful content?
    Does anyone have any experience of being harmed by their software?
    Has anyone scanned and found a virus in any of their software?

See here: https://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/ both Google chrome and Firefox give that page a big red flag that takes some bypassing.

I downloaded the Mach3 latest plugin and scanned it with VirusTotal (it applies dozens of different virus checkers) and got no hits. Right now I'm running it on my CNC PC, but without any internet or connection to my office network. It'll remain isolated until I have an idea why Google redflagged it.

It really is a pain working on an "air-gapped" machine though - so if anyone has any ideas/thoughts - (apart from "don't use chinese") they'd be most welcome ...

thanks,
    Kevin.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??

My Chrome visited the page and downloaded the file without any warnings. What exactly did the warning message say?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    My Chrome visited the page and downloaded the file without any warnings. What exactly did the warning message say?
    Thanks for response Citizen - weird our Chrome browsers behaving differently - below is what I get in Chrome - and I get something that looks almost identical in Firefox...

Note - I am selecting "English" language first before clicking on the download tab/page link - then I get the following.

XHC Motion Card Mach3 software download - Google says "Harmful Programs" ??-google_redflag-jpg

Interestingly - Microsoft Edge doesn't give me a warning on that page, and lets me download files without issue - whereas both Chrome and Firefox make me bypass security to see the page, and then bypass security again to download anything ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Strange. I wouldn't worry too much though, I don't think XHC would deliberately spread malware with their drivers.

Downloads
    Uploads

A google search will give some insight into the warning and what it means.. here is a quick link with some insight as well.

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/...programs-error

I would scan the downloaded file from their site before installing.

Adam,

G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    A google search will give some insight into the warning and what it means.. here is a quick link with some insight as well.

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/...programs-error I would scan the downloaded file from their site before installing. Adam,
    not helpful - for starters it's perfectly obvious what Chrome is warning about, no need to "google it" (also your link is broken). The question actually is - why? has Google has made a mistake? or maybe XHC have been hacked and someone injected malware into their drivers?

Secondly - if you had read my post you would have seen I've already scanned the file I downloaded, using VirusTotal (you should google it).

VirusTotal found nothing - but I'd still really like to know why Google flagged CDXHCTech's download page. If there's anyone out there using XHC products (controllers or jog wheels) - would love to hear from you. Seems CitizenOfDream is not getting that warning when he visits download page.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by n0f8r View Post
    not helpful - for starters it's perfectly obvious what Chrome is warning about, no need to "google it" (also your link is broken). The question actually is - why? has Google has made a mistake? or maybe XHC have been hacked and someone injected malware into their drivers?

Secondly - if you had read my post you would have seen I've already scanned the file I downloaded, using VirusTotal (you should google it).

VirusTotal found nothing - but I'd still really like to know why Google flagged CDXHCTech's download page. If there's anyone out there using XHC products (controllers or jog wheels) - would love to hear from you. Seems CitizenOfDream is not getting that warning when he visits download page.
    Since you already know what the problem is. I’d reach out to the website owners and they should be able to help.

Good luck with your project.

G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    Since you already know what the problem is. I’d reach out to the website owners and they should be able to help.
    Already done that - not holding my breath. Hoping someone here might have an insight ...