Hello,

I made my own with a 2.2 kW chinese spindle.
I just finished the electrical cabinet and it works, but it is far from cutting yet.

On the cabinet door I installed 2 amp meter linked below. One for measuring the spindle's power draw and the other are for all the power supplies.
https://en.traconelectric.com/produc...m230VAC--d22mm

This amp meter is measuring by the magnetic field and I connected the "rings" around the wires right after the main power switch. The spindle has a dedicated phase and another phase is for 3 power supplies, 5V for UC300, 12V for HDBB2 and 48V for 3 steppers.

When I turned them on, the amp meter was measuring 0.1 A on startup, but went back to 0 on the power supplies and when I turned on the spindle the maximum was 0.8 A without load, but mostly it stayed 0.2-0.3 A.

I have 3 phase 220V connected to the cabinet and I know that for the steppers I will measure lower, since I measure the phase and not after the psu,but I think these numbers are really low, especially for the steppers.
They are 435 oz nema23 stepper motors. Tomorrow I will test the steppers while moving, but I am curious what numbers should I see for the spindle.

Does anyone measured the power consumption without a load?