Need Help! Weird , the relays on the BoB are triggered when closing Mach3 software - Solved

Thread: Weird , the relays on the BoB are triggered when closing Mach3 software - Solved

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Weird , the relays on the BoB are triggered when closing Mach3 software - Solved

Hello people , i am trying to find a solution for a weird electrical behavior of the BoB when i close the Mach3 software the onboard relays are getting triggered for a fraction of a second and it drops the tool from the spindle because the ATC pneumatic solenoid valve receives some power from the relay who is triggered...
    also the VFD of the spindle i hear the fan for a second
    also the laser when is connected fires a couple of miliseconds without a warning

all the wirings are shielded , i see the 3 relays on the BoB get triggered for a milisecond , the LEDs are getting lit

this is the BoB i use , its probably cheap but is it his fault or there is a way to protect the return of current when closing Mach3 is turning off the Nema 24 , making their magnetic field collapse and enter the BoB ?

https://www.amazon.ca/Breakout-Adapt.../dp/B07KC7VLSL

i know this is a bit stuffed in there but it does the same thing with the door open and the BoBs not touching anywhere
    i would really appreciate some help
    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Weird , the relays on the BoB are triggered when closing Mach3 software - Solved

Hit your E-stop button before shutting down Mach3. On power up, pull the E-stop button out after Mach3 is started and stable. If you don't have and E-stop button wired in that kills power to the power supplies, then you need to get one wired in.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Weird , the relays on the BoB are triggered when closing Mach3 software - Solved

You should not be closing Mach3 with the machine powered up.
    Some breakout boards may not toggle outputs like yours does, but at a minimum you should look into using a charge pump circuit.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You should not be closing Mach3 with the machine powered up.
    Some breakout boards may not toggle outputs like yours does, but at a minimum you should look into using a charge pump circuit.
    Yes this normally solves this problem, shut the machines main power ( Turn off first ) and then Mach3 and this should not happen

Sometimes when an EStop switch has been wired into the system incorporating all powered sources then this can help also, and then Mach3 shut down this does not always work as there are some items that don't need to be in an EStop circuit that can stall cause this to happen

So the best to be sure is to turnoff main power to your machine first

You should never leave a Tool in the Spindle when shutting down your machine

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

oh wow !!!, i just switched the jumper under the "Pump Cancel" position and it solved it , not triggering anything now !! Thanks !

i had to enable the Pumps to be able to access the second BoB because i added a Plasma and a THC and it worked with the jumper on the "Cancel Pump"

For my Router profile if i enable the Pump2 i dont know why the two relays who are powering the plasma trigger and the THC power are powered , i set nothing on Port2 in the pins in that profile...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Hit your E-stop button before shutting down Mach3. On power up, pull the E-stop button out after Mach3 is started and stable. If you don't have and E-stop button wired in that kills power to the power supplies, then you need to get one wired in.
    This does not help at all if they have switch Mode Power supplies as it can take some time for them to drain to zero volts, it is not a requirement to have power supplies wired into an Estop circuit an Estop is for Emergency use not to shut a machine down

You use a Power On / Off button to control the power supplied to your machine which cuts the Power to all components, an EStop normally only cut power to anything related to Safety axis and spindle movement

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Letomoto View Post
    oh wow !!!, i just switched the jumper under the "Pump Cancel" position and it solved it , not triggering anything now !! Thanks !

i had to enable the Pumps to be able to access the second BoB because i added a Plasma and a THC and it worked with the jumper on the "Cancel Pump"

For my Router profile if i enable the Pump2 i dont know why the two relays who are powering the plasma trigger and the THC power are powered , i set nothing on Port2 in the pins in that profile...
    It can still happen so never leave a tool in the spindle and shut the machine power Off before your computer this is the safest way

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah i often cut the power of the machine first but when playing alot with the settings and macros and editing , trying , and try to debug something or loosing connection to Smoothstepper (need to close Mach3 to reconnect) or rebooting the computer i am alot more focused on the computer than reaching the main power of the machine ....

So its pretty surprising when it happens out of nowhere when youre focused in coding pages and the pneumatic valve opens.... now it wont anymore !

Lately i played alot with macros for ATC and using fixed plate and the work surface touch plate , ToolTable now works well but 3 Autozero scripts i tried are messing up , for some reason i didnt found yet it adds the tool lenght from the table over the work surface Zero so the endmills flies in the sky never touching the work ........ if i do the zero manually and press the Z button to zero it in the DRO all the tools of the rack keeps the zero when changed . i am needing some help for that little detail , it would pretty much complete the ATC system i am working on

Here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-...able-need.html

Downloads
    Uploads

is there a way to edit the Thread title and write "SOLVED" ? i dont have the Edit button