Which 2.2kw Spindle design?

Thread: Which 2.2kw Spindle design?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which 2.2kw Spindle design?

I am looking to buy a 2.2kw water cooled spindle for my first build. I see two main types of these spindles on ebay and did not know if one is better then the other, or if it is just a crap shoot either way.

This was the one I had planned to buy, but there is a second style below as well. Which one would you choose? The first one with the more substantial front cap, or the second one. To me the first one looks better made, but looks are not everything.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!!

Which 2.2kw Spindle design?-s-l1600-yes-jpg

Which 2.2kw Spindle design?-s-l1600-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which 2.2kw Spindle design?

You are not guaranteed to get what is exactly in a picture on eBay / AliExpress.

If you can find an actual branded spindle seller you might have more luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do branded Chinese Spindles exist? Would a place like Automated Technologies be a better place to buy from. I really do not know who is best to deal with.

Also I am now wondering if I should just go with a 1.5kw air cooled spindle for now. Just doing a smaller build with Nema 23 270oz steppers. Maybe it is not a problem though as I see Piotr Fox Wysocki on youtube using Nema 23 1.9nm on x and y, and a nema24 4nm on the z, and he runs a large 2.5kw ATC on it. Who knows.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do branded Chinese Spindles exist?
    Yes, but when you buy from 3rd party Ebay sellers, you never really know what you'll get.
    Imo, I don't think there's really any difference between the two spindles. I'd want the one with larger bearings, but I think those both use the same bearings.

If you want a good chinese spindle, buy from UGRA CNC, but you'll pay a premium. Or buy direct from the manufacturer, like Piotr did.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

So here is where I am at. Some day I would like to convert my Precision Mathews PM45M to CNC. It is nice to have a times when I need an extra mill setup in the shop, but I would be fine with just my 9x49 Bridgeport for manual milling.

So before attempting to convert the mill I wanted to experiment with building a cnc router to get my feet wet with figuring out all the electronics and the software, etc. So enter building a CNC router.

--First I thought that I would just build something really cheap and smallish to figure things out so I bought Nema 23 270oz steppers, drivers, and breakout board.

--Then I was going to use trapezoid leadscrews, but then decided to buy ballscrews.

--I was going to use metal rails and bearings like the Woodsmith CNC Router, but then decided to buy linear rails.

--My plan was to use an extra Dewalt DW660 Cutout tool as a spindle, then figured I should buy the Makita RT0701C as that would be better. Then I started thinking if I was going to buy a router, I might as well buy a proper spindle, which is where I am now.

--So I was going to buy a 1.5KW spindle, but then the price is about the same as the 2.2kw so I figured i might as well go that route.

Ahh slippery slope this is.

Anyways I don't know what I am doing, just trying to get all the components and then I will figure it all out.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Greebe View Post
    So here is where I am at. Some day I would like to convert my Precision Mathews PM45M to CNC. It is nice to have a times when I need an extra mill setup in the shop, but I would be fine with just my 9x49 Bridgeport for manual milling.

So before attempting to convert the mill I wanted to experiment with building a cnc router to get my feet wet with figuring out all the electronics and the software, etc. So enter building a CNC router.

--First I thought that I would just build something really cheap and smallish to figure things out so I bought Nema 23 270oz steppers, drivers, and breakout board.

--Then I was going to use trapezoid leadscrews, but then decided to buy ballscrews.

--I was going to use metal rails and bearings like the Woodsmith CNC Router, but then decided to buy linear rails.

--My plan was to use an extra Dewalt DW660 Cutout tool as a spindle, then figured I should buy the Makita RT0701C as that would be better. Then I started thinking if I was going to buy a router, I might as well buy a proper spindle, which is where I am now.

--So I was going to buy a 1.5KW spindle, but then the price is about the same as the 2.2kw so I figured i might as well go that route.

Anyways I don't know what I am doing, just trying to get all the components and then I will figure it all out.

Thanks
    The price may be near the same but do you have a 240v / 30A supply that can run the 2.2Kw spindle and your machine

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks
    This is one of the best low cost spindles more torque and can be run at 3000 RPM for minimum speed as all others have a minimum speed of 6,000RPM

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5b9b53bed4nb6x

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The price may be near the same but do you have a 240v / 30A supply that can run the 2.2Kw spindle and your machine
    I just finished building a new 30x48 shop with its own separate 240v 200amp electric service with its own transformer, so no worries on power. I was going to bring in 3 phase but that was going to cost an additional $8000 on top of the $4000 they charged for single phase, plus a higher rate per watt.

I also have a Temco XR15 Power Wave Rotary transformer for my other 3 phase machines, mainly my Wasino LG-6 CNC lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This is one of the best low cost spindles more torque and can be run at 3000 RPM for minimum speed as all others have a minimum speed of 6,000RPM

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5b9b53bed4nb6x
    I thought alibaba was a Chinese scam site? They are safe to order from?

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW, thanks for the replies.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought alibaba was a Chinese scam site? They are safe to order from?
    No it is just like Amazon but even bigger

Mactec54