DIY Mogul CNC x y z motors issues TB6560 controller/driver - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Mogul CNC x y z motors issues TB6560 controller/driver

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY Mogul CNC x y z motors issues TB6560 controller/driver

with the steppers off the machine,can you rotate them by hand?If so,do they feel as though they are turning smoothly?It is possible that the bearings have ingested dust and are objecting.I do agree that the supply voltage looks a bit feeble as I have steppers with a similar rating on my machine and they came with a 36V supply.However if your machine was running smoothly and adequately,the problem may lie elsewhere.Laptops aren't usually recommended for controlling CNC machines although people do use them.You definitely don't want them doing anything else at the same time so are there things going on that could be switched off?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not stepper motor issue...all 4 stepper motors acting same....odds of that happening at same time...zero..
    .plus i tested a new stepper and no change....nothing running on laptop.mach3 only....ive used laptops on all my cncs with zero issues...since cnc mogul went out of business there are no reference for mach3 settings to compare.and cant find settings for this 7yr old tb6560 4sxis board to rule out setting issue....fyi it never ran properly for me...i bought it used. And is all factory stock .no mods. search mogul cnc to see specs.

an you rotate them by hand?If so,do they feel as though they are turning smoothly?It is possible that the bearings have ingested dust and are objecting.I do agree that the supply voltage looks a bit feeble as I have steppers with a similar rating on my machine and they came with a 36V supply.However if your machine was running smoothly and adequately,the problem may lie elsewhere.Laptops aren't usually recommended for controlling CNC machines although people do use them.You definitely don't want them doing anything else at the same time so are there things going on that could be switched off?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Shelby5041; 06-17-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well if you have successfully run other cnc's and still have them,a bit of part swapping might be in order.Failing that better drivers and a different BOB ought to do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    I used to have that board, and it worked like ****, missing steps, etc.... then i realized that the problem was heating. The fan doesnt cool the board good enought. If you touch the heat sink you will find it very hot,
    I just add an extra fan and started working perfectly.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would swap crappy laptop with ordinary PC (old one salvaged from junk) running win XP.
    I'm running one Intel board with onboard processor and couple of different CNC software packages, Mach3 (parallel port with MPG pendant on second parallel port) Mach3 with PLCM plugin (ethernet external motion controller from OureLogic), PUMOTIX (native software for PLCM external controller), LightBurn (USB connected to STM32F103, aka BluePill board) to run old chinese laser cutter/engraver), LaserGRBL (when using same BluePill driving Blue laser module), ...
    Of course, OS is Win XP.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Downloads
    Uploads

looked at some other threads regarsding similar issue..its very well possible this is a mach3/windows7/pc issue...i went to my other cnc that uses mach3 on windows xp machine and ran mach3 drivertest.exe ..and at 25000hz the test shows 25000 and says system ecelennt......now when i do the same mach3 drivertest test on this windows 7 laptop on this problematic cnc at 25000hz setting it shows only about 8000hz and says pulse too fast....sometimes it will say system stable but does not say system excellent like other setup..and never shows even close to 25000hz when running test.....maybe this could be the issue?..like i said once in a while the stepper will run fast and smooth but only for a fraction of a second..

Downloads
    Uploads

zato im also thinking it could be a OS/ pc / mach3 communication issue..the more i thought about it all in one board or not .its just too odd that all 4 driver chips on the driver controller board would go bad all at the same time ..i will try to do some swapping of pcs and see if i can get any results...

Downloads
    Uploads

update..issue resolved....it was a mach3/pc/os issue....i used a diff laptop with windows xp and now all steppers run smooth.........i figured it was something funky becasue having all 4 steppers act up the same is just odd.

thanks to everyone who tried to help...i found some info in a diff thread that lead me to the drivertest.exe program which lead me to fixing issue

Downloads
    Uploads

off subject matter but yes durango the TB6560 setup on the mogul cnc is totally enclosed in an alum box..no vents nothing..and since mine is an older version tb6560 there was no fan on this version....zero air flow to cool drivers.....absolutely no common sense used by manufacturer of mogul and a horrible design..im going to make a hole in the top and mount a fan in the future...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mavhinedood....thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

The all in one toshiba drives are a nightmare to decipher the 'decay' settings, or whatever the hell it can mean. Toss it in the bin, go and buy a standard mosfet drive in a black case without the toshiba chip.
    Toshiba drives pretty much suck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks..
    Issue was mach3 and windows 7....mach 3 doesnt work with windows 7....changed to xp and issue gone

OTE=Shelby5041;2383966]Im still thinking its controller driver issue...if i run a continupus jog mode .....once in a while the motor will go from slower feed rate grinding rough movement to smooth movement faster feed rate but only for less than 1 second...

Odd that all 3 sxis do the same thing though...usually mot all axis go bad at same time..however this is a low end junk all in one board so its possible...

OTE=machinedude;2383904]mach 3 has it's limits based on the PC it's hooked up too as well. could run the the driver test at some different pulse rates to check your system on that end.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

it should work with windows 7 but if i'm not mistakes it has to be the 32 bit version of windows 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12