Build Thread Chinese G Penny Spindle - anyone tried one? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese G Penny Spindle - anyone tried one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese G Penny Spindle - anyone tried one?

Hi. The only specs I have is in the pictures of the data plates attached to this forum. Although they are pretty good. I can post a movie of the spindle running? But have only run it for a very short time.

Its a straight three phase in and three phase out. So I have wired it L1 L2 L3 as I would. I do have a filter arriving to go between the VFD and LC1D32 contactor but this original test I just plugged the unit into the wall.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I ran my spindle today with the manufacturers settings. Made movie infact. Definately not the correct parameters as it is bumpy on the start and at the end of its run. The bumpy noise can be felt - kind of like a magnet. Check this out

I am going to have to start at the start and change the VFD to 300Hz and whatever else I think I need to do. The motor ratings I have set.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Ok I ran my spindle today with the manufacturers settings. Made movie infact. Definately not the correct parameters as it is bumpy on the start and at the end of its run. The bumpy noise can be felt

I am going to have to start at the start and change the VFD to 300Hz and whatever else I think I need to do. The motor ratings I have set.
    Here are the basic Parameters that need to be set, check that the U V W wiring is correct as per manufacture requirements and no you should not be just plugging it into the wall or you can damage the VFD Drive

Huanyang Mactec54
    3Kw Air Cooled 18,000 RPM

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=300

PD004=300

PD005=300

PD006=140

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=102

PD010=15

PD011=120

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=8 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=8 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142= 13 ( Motor Max Amps)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM 18,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=300

PD73=120

PD120=120 (Stall Prevention )

PD174=?? ? ( Your VFD Drives Max Amp Output Rating )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese G Penny Spindle - anyone tried one?-pluging-unpluging-png   Chinese G Penny Spindle - anyone tried one?-3kw-air-cooled-wiring-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thankyou. That info is really appreciated. Boyd

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Mactech.

Apologies. I was not careful how I wrote that. To be clear I wired a lead and plugged the VFD into the wall instead of inside my cabinet I have been building. Yep - totally get not to go direct into the wall with my spindle.

Can you please expand on a couple of items if you have time? My reason is that my setup is the NZ 400v 3 phase input to a 5.5kw VFD output to a 380v 4.5kw Motor. And thankyou - checking the phases from the VFD to the motor I found were incorrect. I didnt realise they needed to be, thinking that if it was wrong the motor would spin backwards. Rewired - it runs a lot better. Thought it might be smoother but only ran it for 15 seconds.

I knew the parameters you sent me were for a 220v setup so adjusted accordingly. I am just unsure about the settings PD009, PD010, whether it being a higher voltage multi phase input VFD do they stay the same or do I need to address them. I looked at my manual and actually dont understand how to work those ones out.

PD009 Factory setting for the intermediate voltage is 27.5 for a 380v class inverter. I read that - have a faint idea what its about but not enough to program.

PD010: Factory setting for min voltage is13.5 for 380v class inverter. This too I dont understand.

If you have time to very basically explain these parameters would be awesome. If you dont have time, I would still appreciate your advice on what to program in. Rgds

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr Mactech.

Apologies. I was not careful how I wrote that. To be clear I wired a lead and plugged the VFD into the wall instead of inside my cabinet I have been building. Yep - totally get not to go direct into the wall with my spindle.

Can you please expand on a couple of items if you have time? My reason is that my setup is the NZ 400v 3 phase input to a 5.5kw VFD output to a 380v 4.5kw Motor. And thankyou - checking the phases from the VFD to the motor I found were incorrect. I didnt realise they needed to be, thinking that if it was wrong the motor would spin backwards. Rewired - it runs a lot better. Thought it might be smoother but only ran it for 15 seconds.

I knew the parameters you sent me were for a 220v setup so adjusted accordingly. I am just unsure about the settings PD009, PD010, whether it being a higher voltage multi phase input VFD do they stay the same or do I need to address them. I looked at my manual and actually dont understand how to work those ones out.

PD009 Factory setting for the intermediate voltage is 27.5 for a 380v class inverter. I read that - have a faint idea what its about but not enough to program.

PD010: Factory setting for min voltage is13.5 for 380v class inverter. This too I dont understand.

If you have time to very basically explain these parameters would be awesome. If you dont have time, I would still appreciate your advice on what to program in. Rgds
    The Phases don't always have to be correct, but for some reason with a lot of these spindles they have to be as per manufacture spec's, and if they run the wrong way most VFD Drives have a Parameter that can correct the rotation

The Parameters PD009 and PD010 you see in the manual are for in your case 50Hz 3Ph motor not for a 300Hz motor like you have yes I will adjust some of those Parameters for your voltage, don't worry about the 400v you only set the Parameters in the VFD Drive to the Spindle Spec's which in your case is 380v without knowing where you where from as far as voltage goes I mostly are flying blind I know your power system very well as I have some commercial properties in NZ

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thankyou.
    Here are the adjusted Parameters using 380v

PD008=380

PD009=176

PD010=25

PD141=380

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Great.Thanks. Where in NZ do you own property?

Downloads
    Uploads

Great.Thanks. Where in NZ do you own property?
    Palmerston North and Auckland North shore area thinking of selling the Palmerston North Buildings and get a Beach property some where between Tauranga and Keri Keri

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry - I may have not explained myself. I have used a 110V 3P 32A contactor for the on/off power to the 400V 3P inverter. I didn't want to go out and buy a new contactor when I had one already, and a 110v transformer was 25 bucks and a contactor is $300. So to explain, the 110v is for the control side of my circuit.
    The majority of DIN style contactor manufacturers offer a range of replacement contactor coils from 12vDC/ 12Vac to 240vAC.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I ran a decent test of this G Penny Spindle yesterday. I am pretty happy with it tbh. I posted a movie on

'

taking a conservative cut out of some 6061. Also. I did go out any purchase a new coil for that contactor. It is definitely one of those purchases where you suck air through your teeth and pay NZ$80 for a ****ty little bit of plastic and some copper wire that has had the price ticket clipped about 8 times from the factory who produced it for..... say...... 3 bucks? Ha. But thanks for reminding me about that Al.

Could you upload a video of the whole machine? I would be interested to see the whole thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12