Need Help! ub1 schematic

Thread: ub1 schematic

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ub1 schematic

I recently came across a wiring schematic of a ub1 board that included clearpath servos on the forum. Got a copy of the schematic, but not the attendant explanation. Now I can't find it, searches turn up nothing. Of specific interest is that the HLFD signal from the clearpath was wired into the system. A couple of BOB makers have suggested leaving this connection out on their products. I want to know if this is the "channel" that sends an alarm when there's an issue at the servo and, if so, how do I implement this into my system (I'll be using a MB3/ESS system). Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ub1 schematic

Hi,
    the Clearpath HLFB signal can represent one of four conditions at your choice, including a fault alarm.

You have plenty of inputs with your ESS/MB3 combination, just hook the three HLFB's to three spare inputs and thereafter
    Mach4 can handle those faults however you choose.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Craig,
    I presume the same goes for my Y slave (total of 4 inputs)? Is it reasonable to think I could combine the 4 inputs in a terminal block then a single connection to the MB3 as an alarm to preserve inputs? Thanks again for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Is it reasonable to think I could combine the 4 inputs in a terminal block then a single connection to the MB3 as an alarm to preserve inputs? Thanks again for the help.
    People have tried to combine inputs like that and have failed. There are several posts about it on the Mach forum. If you have the inputs, and you do why, not use them?

Downloads
    Uploads

Craig,
    Just mapping things out at this point and I wanted to know what sort of latitude I have available to me. Thanks.