I Need help for 4 axis cnc

Thread: I Need help for 4 axis cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I Need help for 4 axis cnc

Hi

Hello friends, I just joined the forum now.I designed a cnc router and chassis production is finished. I am currently installing the electronics. Router dimensions y 2800mm x1450 mm z450mm
    Standard 3 axis cnc router In addition I have the 4th axis that can rotate 360 ??degrees.this axis will turn 90-180-270-360 degrees.consider a wood panel spindle holes in the surface and side hole in 4.axis .My axis motors nema 34 12nm stepper.I haven't bought a cnc control board or control panel yet.this is my first cnc router and my knowledge is very little.
    I have no knowledge of software.i use autocad 3d max solidwoks very well but i don't have cam knowledge.

If you help me in this matter, you will make me very happy
    Thanks in advance to everyone for help

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Need help for 4 axis cnc-a11-jpg   I Need help for 4 axis cnc-a22-jpg   I Need help for 4 axis cnc-a33-jpg   I Need help for 4 axis cnc-a44-jpg  

I Need help for 4 axis cnc-a55-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I Need help for 4 axis cnc

I am not sure I understand the purpose of the additional assembly along side the spindle.

Where are you located?

Steve

Last edited by vger; 03-29-2020 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Addition

Downloads
    Uploads

If you're talking about rotating wood panels of any size, you're going to need a lot of clearance to do that, which I'm not seeing in this design. (I'm also mystified by that thing to the side of the spindle). You can use your PC as a control panel, if you get a CNC control program like LinuxCNC, Mach3, or UCCNC. You'll also need a breakout board, drivers, and a power supply. I like the Geckodrive G-540 for the first two items; it comes with 4 drivers. The power supply will be limited to 50vdc though; if your motors need more power to run (depending on their inductance) you might need drivers that can take more power. For CAM software that can write 4-axis indexing G-code from your CAD models, look at DeskProto (which we sell).

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

a gecko 540 is probably not big enough to handle the size of motor for a machine this size. Gecko has other drives that handle more amps if your going a stepper route? if not DMM servo motors and drives are reasonable in price for a servo system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check out MASSO controller by Hind Technology. No PC required.
    Fusion 360 for your CAD & CAM software, free for personal use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk