CNC4Newbie frame Custom Electrics and controllers

Thread: CNC4Newbie frame Custom Electrics and controllers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC4Newbie frame Custom Electrics and controllers

I need some assistance please.

Hey everyone looking for direction and maybe what might be a good way to build the electronics with the base framing using the CNC4Newbie set up.

I'm not well versed as to what will work with what so looking for a (PATH) to what works with what. power supplies, steppers, controllers for spindle, controllers for steppers.
    I dont have a problem with reading or research but its hard to make light as to what all works with what. I currently have a 4 year old 6040 desktop cnc that uses mach3 along with fusion360 or cut2d for design and gcode. Looking for better rigidity and accuracy, wanting to do some aluminum cutting also along with the norm or wood and acrylic.

considering using these items.
    1) smoothie board for my controller
    2) Nema 34 steppers ( not sure on weight)
    3) 2.2k water cooled spindle
    4) gecko stepper controllers

I use Fusion360 and Cut2d currently for programming and g-code

thanks in advance
    John

Similar Threads:

Default Re: CNC4Newbie frame Custom Electrics and controllers

Quote Originally Posted by zenkustumz View Post
    I need some assistance please.

Hey everyone looking for direction and maybe what might be a good way to build the electronics with the base framing using the CNC4Newbie set up.

I'm not well versed as to what will work with what so looking for a (PATH) to what works with what. power supplies, steppers, controllers for spindle, controllers for steppers.
    I dont have a problem with reading or research but its hard to make light as to what all works with what. I currently have a 4 year old 6040 desktop cnc that uses mach3 along with fusion360 or cut2d for design and gcode. Looking for better rigidity and accuracy, wanting to do some aluminum cutting also along with the norm or wood and acrylic.

considering using these items.

I use Fusion360 and Cut2d currently for programming and g-code

thanks in advance
    John
    1: What is the size of machine you choose?
    2: I send you a list

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...indle-control/

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...-page/nema-34/

https://www.automationtechnologiesin.../cnc-spindles/
    VFD
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...cts-page/vfds/

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...gecko-drivers/

Downloads
    Uploads

machine would be 700x1250 im limited on space but planning on using an aluminum bed with thin spoilboard on top with t slots

What would be needed for complete electronics package. I know that if i go smoothie board i would not use the mach3 or mach4 correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Zen - Look at Buildbotics all in one box and easy to wire, excellent control and good price. Nema34 may not be needed are you using racks or ballscrews? Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Zen - Look at Buildbotics all in one box and easy to wire, excellent control and good price. Nema34 may not be needed are you using racks or ballscrews? Peter
    hey sir, Below i threw down the link to the body of the machine i want to use.

I'm a bit confused on the new uses of the smoothie controller, I think its the same as the gecko step drivers but not really sure. Looking for info on how everything is wired up and whats needed for full electronics of the cnc router.

I have a 6040 and the controller is all together so its hard for me to understand how the stepper and vfd (spindle controller) works together. I think when you use mach3 the mach controls the spindle on off and speed. if thats not used then what controls the spindle and how does it all tie together.. I'm probably talking in circles..

but thanks for the time and input.

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...new-carve-cnc/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post

hey Pete, can i ask if the buildbotics system is available to use 4 axis but 5 motors (2 being a slave on the Y AXIS? Hard to find info on this setup. Is there a suggested forum or area? I do like your suggestion and will probably go this route.

Thanks for the suggestion.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Zen - I have spoken to the Buildbotics support before about this and they say to run the Y axis (2 motors ) off one driver so then 3 axis are free. I have done this as well on other systems. But speak to the Buildbotics guys, they are very happy to chat and help with any questions. Next machine I intend to use their controller. Peter