Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 46

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3643444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi All - I was given some junky plywood some time ago and its been sitting in the carport waiting for me to either turf it or use it. Yesterday I decided to turn it into a shorts/offcuts caddy. So today I belted it out. Now I feel like I'm getting some of the workshop under control... I picked up a chunk of thick camphor laurel today and it will become a bowl or deep tray. The design is emerging.... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-caddy-wheels-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-shorts-caddy-top-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - Matt has progressed his Scoot-S3 a bit further. We have been playing with the umbilical idea and it works well. But we've decided to use a bigger tube as there are limit switch wires and a bigger shielded cable to fit. And in future maybe other wires.... So Matts gone looking for something suitable. Then we tidy the wiring and build a good looking "bridge". Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-umbilical-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-umbilical-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - Matt was here today doing more wiring and we played with the umbilical. Matt got some 36mm tubing and this worked really well. The umbilical tube occasionally got caught when at the rear and crossing the table so I put a fiberglass whip on it and it behaves perfectly. The whip makes it always bend forward with good curvature.

So now need to make good looking umbilical bracketry & tidy the wiring. Matt also got the spindle working and the water-cooled version is really quiet compared to my air cooled 1.5kW spindle. We found one of the z axis coupling screws had a stripped hex so had to muck about to get that out. I had to lever the coupling off with a spring bar.... So that little side trip stopped us from making sawdust today... next time I expect to see Scoot-S3 sawdust... Matts started clearing his garage and learning Fusion. He's going to need Fusion very shortly! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-unbilical-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All- Oowch owch and more OWCH!!

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - Well I developed the umbilical a bit more by removing the bridge and put a post in the corner. This worked really well and its more direct route for the wiring. I also mounted the post on a castor and it rotated really well. So today I made proper brackets and integrated the post with the bearing function. Very happy with the result. Now Matt has to disconnect the current wiring and rewire thru the post... then its sawdust time!! Maybe this weekend!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-post-no2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-post-no1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning All you bright faced CNCers out there!
    Todays job was fitting an EMI filter to the inverter circuit. I'm starting to tidy up Scoot-S2-02's wiring now most of it is settled. I have to get terminations into boxes and tidy some runs. Running the main control cable down the inside of the gantry was a mistake so I have to unwire it and run it down the outside.... or make the exit arrangement better. Always something to do in CNCland, like sorting an umbilical for the inverter run to the spindle & the earths are a bit clumsy at the moment. Hmmm.... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-emi-filter-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-emi-filter-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning All - Today I successfully set up the 10W led laser on Brevis with the UCCNC laser module. Works well but being a raster system vs a vector system its a bit slow in doing simple graphics. But early days, now will do some photos and stuff to see how that goes. I'm struggling with Fusion360 assemblies. I can't seem to relate things like in other CAD systems. I use align but that is useful for aligning then it does not "stick". I use joints and other components move around so I'm not sure if I have to ground things as I go. I've watched a few assembly videos but I think they are simplified.... I can build parts separately then bring them into an assembly but can't seem to associate them. I persist, the penny will drop eventually.... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All & Sundry - Well its close to Xmas and its the time I get asked to do Xmas'y type things. My sister wanted a couple of table centre pieces so I made some Xmas trees. I shall laser some images on them this weekend. They worked out well from some scrap in my bins. The next request is a letterbox for my sister in law, then I can back to my list! Frankie's gantry in particular.... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-1-tree-no1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-2-tree-no2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-3-base-no1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-4-standing-no1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - Here's the lasering on the trees and I started work on the letterbox post. Its sort of a cartouche. I want to knock these over and get series with Franckies new gantry.... Its nearly Xmas!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-tree-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-post-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all and sundry - Finished the letterbox today and painted the number out. our local Boss roo visited, likes the cut grass. I made an aluminium bracket for the letterbox as a test for cutting aluminium dry for the gantry. Very happy with result... So onward to the gantry. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-letterbox-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-paint-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-boss-roo-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-bracket-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Today Matt got his Scoot finished and running and he had the "Hello World" moment. The machine has a good feel and now we have to calibrate and true it. Then pack it for transport to his place. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-hello-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-hello-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great and I agree, beautiful stepper sound music.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all and sundry - Two jobs today. One for the local menshed a small sign for someone. Used the trace strategy for the first time on this for the rooster, worked well. Now to infill with paint and sand and its done. My sister in law likes Egypt and has been there a couple of times. We were talking and cross ideated about Egypt and Oz so I invented an Egyptian kangaroo for her. This started a thought train that I turned into a cartouche with her name on one side and the roo on the other. A totally whimsical project that turned out great. Will give it to her for Xmas. Maybe its a coaster or trivet or a wind chime clanger.... up to her. Now my external projects are clear its back to Frankies gantry!!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-home-roost-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-cartouche-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-cartouche-3-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-kangi-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - I have Scoots umbilical working well now. So next is to tidy up the wiring and bracketry. When Matts Scoot-S3-01 moves along I shall start building Scoot-S3-02. Today I also spent some CAD time on Frankie... Got to get its gantry made. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-umbilical-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning all - I'm getting comfortable with Fusion CAM. I think the workflow is a bit better then the Mecsoft I used to use. So now I'm happy I can make any component I want but I'm still struggling with assemblies. Will start to push into the FEA soon. Off to make a towel rack bracket.... I'll have to get some chamfering tools soon.... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-fusion-jpg  

The control key is your best friend when making assembly joints. It does take some retraining the ole brain when it comes to their new assembly method.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Loren - I'll look into that. Towel rail bracket hot off the press. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-rail-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-rail-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - 2022-12-12 - Scoots delivery day - Well today was unusual. We had planned to calibrate, true and tram Matts Scoot, then do some Fusion tutorial work and tidy a couple of things in preparation for the delivery. But Matt forgot his computer and I had the day free so we decided to break Scoot down and deliver today! We had planned to get two others for the lift and do it all in one piece. But the breakdown didn't take long and I'm sure the rebuild will be quick sticks...

So Scoot #3 is in its new home. Matt will re-connect everything then I do some training and he's well on his CNC way... Been a great experience from my side and
    Matt is a happy chappy.

So I start the Scoot #4 build asap. I'm going to build an aluminium bench this time and use my friends TIG or I'll bolt it together. Cost them out and see how to go. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Loren - I'll look into that. Towel rail bracket hot off the press. Peter
    Just missing the custom chain, you could get creative and make some chain out of wood also, cool idea though is that a standard rail you can buy

Mactec54

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3643444546474849 LastLast