Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 13

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi all and sundry - Picked up the machine base parts from the cabinet maker yesterday. Melamine is sharp, cut my hand on one of the edges. Got it home and some pieces are missing!! Damn, the supplier is across the border and I have to get a pass and it's a 3hr turnaround with the border slowdown etc etc. I maybe able to get them trucked down to one of their customers close... Anyhow I got the base and leveller inserts done today. Need the forgotten parts to go fwd so waiting on the supplier to sort them. At last YaG is getting real. I have been emailing BST for info on FK12 bearings. Seems they can't say exactly where the ballscrew lands at the bearing housing edge or 10mm in. I may have to order the bearings so I can see what they are before I commit to the rest. Hopefully can sort that in the next couple of days. Cheers Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-no1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-yag-base-jpg  

Wink Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Peter, Its a long thread and I haven't gone through the posts but I will go through it. There must be lots of knowledge and experience poured in by the folks here.

But I couldn't resist the temptation to comment on your workshop. Looks so clean. I see this and then I turned my head and see the mess I have created in my small workshop.

-Rupesh

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rupesh - also look up the Maximus thread. It starts from clean sheet and covers most of the issues of a machine design. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - More glue and screws into the machine base today. Next job is to stand the walls and the machine base is done. I'm using an epoxy putty called Techniglue. Started square and finished square - excellent. Now back to sorting the FK12 bearing, need to get the bits on order asap.... they finished the roof and started laying the floor today. Getting excited!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-3-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-floor-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi All - More glue and screws into the machine base today. Next job is to stand the walls and the machine base is done. I'm using an epoxy putty called Techniglue. Started square and finished square - excellent. Now back to sorting the FK12 bearing, need to get the bits on order asap.... they finished the roof and started laying the floor today. Getting excited!! Peter
    Like the workshop design having the under parking is a plus as long as the workshop floor above is suitable for your needs

Is there any other names for the epoxy putty as that name does not come up as a normally available product found it seems to be only available in Australia under that name

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec - Yes its an Oz product. You will have to find a local putty. The bottom slab will be a lock up storage area. Have to have the surrounds landscaped to allow our small ride on mower to get in and out and our trailer will go under as well. cheers Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All and Sundry - Suppliers are starting to talk about Christmas shutoffs. Have to get parts sorted ASAP otherwise YaG may happen next year!!. I think I have sorted the FK12 shafts dims. Fred says same as BK12 ends. So the RFQ goes in today. But I think I'll wait until I get the bearings here to check. That will mean its really close to sheet metal parts next year!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-bst-shaft-dwg-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Argggg - Its Chinas national holidays this week!! Everyone goes home for a week, so BST won't respond till late this week maybe. I'll talk to the sheetmetal company and find out their activity level and cutoff dates. May have to take a punt and order everything, Then sort the errors later.... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All including Lurkers, G'day - Well this morning went very well. I set up the "walls" and centred the bed. I marked out the web landings so I could pilot the holes. Then flipped the base, piloted all the holes and mixed the epoxy. Estimated I'd need 75g of resin and was spot on so that's a good guess! Countersunk the holes and screwed it all down. It's now officially heavy.

Before I did all of that I had to remove some edging where the wall would glue to. That stuff sticks really well.... Next is to set out the thread insert grid and instal those, then instal the walls and the machine base is done. I hope to order the motion parts in the next 3 days. BST got back to me even though its holidays and I'll go with the std 39mm end detail. Then its checking the sheet metal parts and getting them on order... Things are falling into place... Keep Making Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-edging-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Argggg - Its Chinas national holidays this week!! Everyone goes home for a week, so BST won't respond till late this week maybe. I'll talk to the sheetmetal company and find out their activity level and cutoff dates. May have to take a punt and order everything, Then sort the errors later.... Peter
    Yes they are back to work on the 8th so only 1 day or so to wait

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

2 sleeps I can't wait!! Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - a company I do FE work for is buying a OKUMA 5 axis mill with an interesting configuration. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-okuma-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

that configuration is more of a vertical lathe configuration . so it's probably a hybrid configuration based off a VTL. at first glance VTL was the first thing that came to mind but things change as time goes by makes me wonder if they do a lot of large cylindrical work with side machining work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All- Here's the full spec. For $1.4M AUD plus the groundworks you can have one... Peter

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All & Sundry - Timing is poor but my mind is moving onto the next machine and Mill. 500x500x500mm. Lifting gantry full composite no metal (minimal metal). I've been hoarding some carbon fibre and metal fibres for the parts. I intend to make a MDF trial machine then use those parts as plugs to make the moulds for the "real" machine. I will start a new thread I think on this as it becomes serious.... Better finish YaG so I can make Millis parts....Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-milli-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All & others - A little sunday sawdust have been too busy to play lately. The shed has thru floor columns leaving a hole so from the floor offcuts I made some infills. The flooring is quite hard. Its first 1.5mm is a tough skin hard on my little machine! Does well for a plotter!! But the carbide gets there. Keep making Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-stage-1-drilling-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-stage-2-profiling-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Morning CNC World - Yesterday I assembled the first wall on YaG. Came together nicely. Started setting out the other side. The webs cover the screws. Now I can put some time into finalising the ballscrew manufacturing dwgs and getting them to BST... workshop is now waterproof! nearly at lock up. Waiting on a window and an extra roller door. Will be great to have my own workspace...Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-wall-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-webs-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-inside-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The Shed's a corker Peter.
    I thought mine was a good size at 8 x 12m.lol

I like the cut outs as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Sterob - Got the keys to it yesterday. Got to get power and water next... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-truck-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - and you Lurkers. Put the RFQ into BST for final quote. Once settled we can order and then check all the sheetmetal parts.... Peter

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast