Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 32

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Pete, Nice work!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - First vent installed - 3 more to fit. Interesting when I placed the black side out it was a totally black plate as the "holes" are black space behind. So white face out shows up the vents. The first 3 vents I cut with a straight 6mm 2F carbide. Was a bit noisy but cut fine., The last one I swapped for a 6mm 1F up spiral carbide. So much quieter and it plunged better. I've stayed away from 1F cutters but I'm starting to tend towards them.... I have some aluminium parts to make and 1F tools are the go... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-vent-jpg  

Nice clean work

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - all vents are now in... been working on Frankie but came back to Scoot this afternoon. Been thinking thru the dust extraction. I'm not keen on a conventional shoe. I do want to control the fine dust, don't mind the dust that falls on the bed it can be sweep into the rear vacuum slot easily. Because I do deep moulds and bowls the shoe doesn't work for me. So I set up a Heath Robinson homage to get the ball rolling. I'd like a naca overhead duct or a F1 S duct. Next bed I think I'll put in holes for a downdraft system, the base design lends itself to that.. Next is to get some 100mm soft ductwork and take it up to the roof and down to the big dust extractor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Heath_Robinson

Start thinking about a larger dust hood... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-dust-control-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all- Well that didn't work out as if the hood is on the side it reduces my travel... so it has to be on the front. Will mock up something, at least it gave me some ideas... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all you girls and boys - Started making a small cardboard test hood but had a piece of plastic that looked like it need to become something. I have to get some suitable ducting to make the proper one. But this is a step forward. Gilmore the happy supervisor was looking on. Now I have to formalise the scoop at the rear as well. I made the hood plate quite tight and ran it without the clamp. I thought that would work but it started to slide down in the test cut. So made the clamp and its good to go. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-gilmore-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-hood-machine-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-hood-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all you sundry lot - Matt a customer of mine has started building the 3rd generation of Scoot at my workshop. I'll start another thread for this Scoot-S3 build. His very happy with the progress made today. We built the base today and he has to mod his bench as its a bit too high... Plus add drawers and stuff... His CNC adventure has begun. He makes clocks, cabinetry, signs and resin tables. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-3-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-4-jpg  

Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-5-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-base-6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks very nice!

If you made this base narrower and filled the space between the brackets in the sides and bottom with epoxy granite you would have a stiff and damp base for milling metal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Buoyen - Ta once I finish Frankenrouter I move to Milli and that will be a cast machine I think... I'm very happy with the feel of Scoot so far. Mainly 3mm steel. I think the next one will be 2mm so its a tad lighter... But I think Scoot-S3 will machine aluminium quite easily.. I'm about to do DOC and feed tests on Scoot-S2 for Aluminium Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Yesterdays job for Scoot was to make a scallop test piece to send to a customer. I'm going to make some press moulds for him that are for skateboard moulds. He will hand finish the moulds so he needs to make the decision on how smooth the surface should be. The smaller the scallop to more machine time is involved. Went well. I used 0.6, 0.4 and 0.2mm I think the 0.2mm done in two directions will be good. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-skate-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-skate-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-skate-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - Scoots job today was to make a sign for a friends son. They just bought a new place and my friend wanted a sign as a gift. Turned out OK. I modified the Ferrari horse a bit. The horse was in a bit of rough grain. But paint will fix that....Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-knight-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-knight-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-knight-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Pete and Matt,

The Scoot-S3 build is looking amazing. Have you started the build thread for that machine yet? I did a search on the forum but couldn’t find anything. The design has similarities to my machine which has lit a bit of a fire to start my build. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics.

- Jayne -

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jayne - No thread on Scoot Series 3 yet. We are spending every wednesday on the build. Doing bench mods and inserts today. I have lots of photos so will publish soon. Too many threads and other work to do... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking forward to seeing the progress and please post a link to the Scoot-S3 thread here if/when you start it otherwise I will miss it.

- Jayne -

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Today Matt rebuilt his bench to a good height, figured out how big the bench top should be, planned the drawers and installed all the inserts. A good day in the shed. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-s3-base-inserts-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - Just got word from aliexpress that Scoot-S3-01 parts have left Shanghai... excellent . I also ordered most of the machined parts today and I have to complete the detailed dwg of the new saddle. Then all of Scoots build parts are in train... I had an enquiry today from a boomerang maker for a CNC how good is that!! Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Evening All - Just got word from aliexpress that Scoot-S3-01 parts have left Shanghai... excellent . I also ordered most of the machined parts today and I have to complete the detailed dwg of the new saddle. Then all of Scoots build parts are in train... I had an enquiry today from a boomerang maker for a CNC how good is that!! Peter
    Hi Pete.

Its always exciting to have an order on the way What is the shipping duration like from china to Aus? If I opt for the standard ali shipping it can take up to 4 months to get here - but its likely I will be in your country within a year, it would be encouraging to hear that things come down to Aus more efficiently than here...

I remember reading a post of yours a while ago regarding using round linears vs profile rail - have you done any testing in that regard yet?

Build thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/429232-forum.html#post2496634

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Luke - From BST Shanghai a week or 2. Sometimes 4 weeks. Frankie the router I'm building at the moment will have round and I have not ordered them yet. The main reasons to use round are 1) less cost 2) the rail foundations can be less fussy. So in a couple of months I'll be able to comment. Lots of people use them successfully so I don't expect any issues other then less load capacity and maybe less life. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I've just received an Email from a Chinese company that I've dealt with on a number of occasions and have always been ultra reliable, but guess what, they are out of stock of
    the Delta VFD I wanted, and can't get any. I was also informed that Delta has put up its prices for the servos I commonly get because of the semiconductor shortage.

I'm thinking that past performance, like shipping, stocking and so on may not be a particularly useful measure of the way things are now.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. That sounds reasonable.

The round rail seems pretty solid when loaded top down, and much less stiff in tension/sideways. They seem well situated in the stiffness spectrum for a plasma table...

Build thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/429232-forum.html#post2496634

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast