Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 30

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi All - On Brevis I have been using M6 screws and 30x18 pine for clamps. It seemed to be a good scale for the machine. But I find the M6 too small compared to M8 so I have gone back to M8 on Brevis 2. I'm using the 30x19 clamps on Scoot as well but I'm breaking them easily. Being primed it seems there are lots of finger joints in them. Plus using the drill to tighten them up means they over torque too quick vs a spanner. So I'm going back to 42x19 clear pine for the clamps. They are considerably stronger... I roughed out the washroom bench today and installed the brackets very happy... onto the sink fitting now... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-bench-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-top-bracket-42x18mm-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-brevis-clamps-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Been off line for a couple of weeks. Floods here created havoc. I had 600mm of water thru the workshop and the storage submarined. 3.1m more water then the record. Still sorting things out will get back to CNC soon. No internet or phone at the moment and mobile dodgy, using a friends phone amplifier system at the moment that's very slow but at least its connecting us... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that Peter, I hope a lot of your stuff is salvageable/insured, and that your people are OK

Build thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/429232-forum.html#post2496634

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Starting to get things back to normal. During time of no internet and phone I wrote a spreadsheet for motor torque calculation. Here it is plus a photo of the workshop in flood. The waters about 3.5m deep at the back of the shed to the ground, sloping block. So much water!! Had to zip the xl file too big in native format....Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-shed-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-inside-shed-2-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning All - Just getting things back to normal from the flood and a so called weather bomb hits! But in the mean time I have been working on Scoot Series 3. I have designed a steel machine base that makes building the base much easier. No cabinet making skills needed just spanners a drill and some care. Our local bridge disappeared last night but no water on our block, Hopefully that's it for this years bad weather.... Series 3 has the metal base, a billet machined saddle and maybe an aluminium top for the gantry. I'll be able to get back to Frankenrouter soon...Peter

ps internet has been lousy. I get 1mbps down and 1 up makes surfing impossible. I visited a friend with Starlink and he gets 350mbps down and 250 up. I think I'll get one on order. These copper wires are old old old....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-series-3-base-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-series-3-base-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-bridge-somewhere-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Morning All - Just getting things back to normal from the flood and a so called weather bomb hits! But in the mean time I have been working on Scoot Series 3. I have designed a steel machine base that makes building the base much easier. No cabinet making skills needed just spanners a drill and some care. Our local bridge disappeared last night but no water on our block, Hopefully that's it for this years bad weather.... Series 3 has the metal base, a billet machined saddle and maybe an aluminium top for the gantry. I'll be able to get back to Frankenrouter soon...Peter

ps internet has been lousy. I get 1mbps down and 1 up makes surfing impossible. I visited a friend with Starlink and he gets 350mbps down and 250 up. I think I'll get one on order. These copper wires are old old old....
    You have had it bad with all that flooding, I feel for you, that's so crazy, having your new shop flooded.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thks mac - Has been a mission cleaning up, but nearly done. Have rekindled my TO-DO list and hopefully the projects will get traction soon. Want to get Scoot series 3 happening asap I think that will be a new thread as this Brevis-HD has morphed quite a bit since #1 entry Jan 2020 . Brevis-HD to YAG to Scoot. On a happy note the workshop washroom floor was waterproofed yesterday and next week the floor gets laid... now I have to fix the plumbing and that project will be close to done... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-waterproofing-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-septic-float-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Scoot s3 looks great, there is a lot to be said for easy to put together, especially in today's market. Is it your intention to sell kits/machines? It's a manufacturing step I haven't needed to take yet, making a machine for other people to interface with, and I am sure you need to leverage your experience quite a bit to make something that is fresh maker proof, and that hits a design brief under budget.

Build thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/429232-forum.html#post2496634

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi LP - Yes they are available as a kit via www.cncrouterkits.com.au Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

I see I actually came across your site when I was investigating cold cast metal filled epoxy for my pc desk build, I found tetrium to be very interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - I've been tiding Scoots new machine base. I Made the walls 50mm higher and will take the Z travel from 120mm to 180mm. Its much easier to adjust these sort of things when you have the real machine vs the CAD model... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-s3-machine-base-3-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-s3-machine-base-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - Todays job was to trial cut a surfboard fin as a test for an enquiry. I designed the fin in Rhino3D checked it for fairness and then cut it in some formply so I could see the ply edges. They are nicely contoured. Tool pathed it in mecsoft mill. I mail this to him for his info. He currently hand shapes fibreglass fins... He'll face a steep learning curve on building smooth CAD surfaces but then this took 50mins to cut vs many hours for a hand shaped one... and I'm sure the shape will be better. Scoot-S2 uses 10mm pitch screws Scoot-S3 will use 18mm pitch to give it a little more speed. The new Scoot-S3 starts build in 4 weeks... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-fin-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-fin-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Been keen to try out the diamond tools I bought. So I set up the piece of FG the enquiry sent me and will cut the same foil as I did in timber. I didn't have any double sided tape so I glued it to the timber with epoxy. Can cut it tomorrow morning. I have a couple of other foil projects that I want to do this way vs making moulds. Easy to make slabs of CF or GF then machine vs making a mould for a one of. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-fg-fin-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning all - Well the fin is done and dusted. Went well. The initial rapid gouged the part for some reason but a quick Z adjust sorted that. I used a 6mm PCB board corn cutter for profiling and a 6mm rounded end diamond tool for shaping. Very pleased with the result. So onwards to some composite parts for the next machine. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-profiling-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-profiling-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-gouge-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-finish-1-jpg  

Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-finish-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-1st-rough-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - Yesterdays project was to build a tool trolley. I have a steel one but the crates fall off when I go somewhere on a slope. So its been on the list to build a better one. Getting back to "normal" after the flood so some projects can be struck off... Got to get the plumbing sorted in the washroom and then onto Frankenrouter... Scoot-S3 new base parts, same as Frankies will be here in 2.5 weeks... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-trolley-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-trolley-parts-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-handle-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all - Scoots job today was to clean up an inlay I did for the Mens shed. A small cutting board with a jarrah knife inlay. Unfortunately the handle is on a dark vein. But oiling will bring it out. I think I'll do salt and pepper shakers next time. I did the inlay and pocketing on Brevis 1. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-planning-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-inlay-exposed-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-final-sand-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All- a last job of the day. My father makes "paper people" for a hobby and this ones feet fell off today when I took it out of its box. So I made some new ones. Off to dad for him to paint. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-feet-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-mr-crazy-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Damn - My laptop hard drive has failed and I have to have it replaced. Lost lots of cad and cam stuff. Will have to ask Mecsoft to resend their cad cam.... Bit of a business reloading all the software and stuff onto a computer. The tech tried to clone the drive but no good. So fresh it is... Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Damn - My laptop hard drive has failed and I have to have it replaced. Lost lots of cad and cam stuff. Will have to ask Mecsoft to resend their cad cam.... Bit of a business reloading all the software and stuff onto a computer. The tech tried to clone the drive but no good. So fresh it is... Peter
    That is always painful even if able to restore everything. It's like an adult time out...lol

Downloads
    Uploads

I am facing spidle drive problem its showing -- error it's not ready what should I do

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast