Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 28

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi All - Came across the original Scoot cutting a test guitar neck for a friend. Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...1303486179863/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi All - Came across the original Scoot cutting a test guitar neck for a friend. Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...1303486179863/
    Watching that makes me want to build my machine yesterday! Thanks for the inspiration, I needed a a bit of a boost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - Today I have been rebuilding Brevis where all this started. So Here's Brevis and we end up with Scoot-S2 a year plus later. Grew up a bit.... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-brevis-no1-rebuild-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-scoot-s2-cal-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Finally can start doing stuff with Scoot in between the washroom build. I finished some art deco for the washroom. Nice bit of marquetry. Back to waterproofing... The finial is the highest part of the washroom, perhaps should have a topping out party!! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-finial-set-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-finial-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-long-shot-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-finial-place-jpg  

Last edited by peteeng; 10-29-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Today I used Scoot to do some rebating for the washroom. Some time ago there was an entry about a titanium coffee cup with CF umbrella. Well that little spot is for long thin things just like framing so I don't have to set it up fore/aft and move the router away from the wall. I may also use a temporary apron so I can do edge work.... Looked at floor vinyl and bought the rest of the iron for the shower so getting close to a real shower... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-rebate-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-rebate-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-shower-corner-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-shower-corner-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Some new bits arrived today for Scoot. Yippee now I can do an aluminium and composite trial... if its a metal mill is it still a "bit" Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-bits-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi All - Some new bits arrived today for Scoot. Yippee now I can do an aluminium and composite trial... if its a metal mill is it still a "bit" Peter
    They are normally called End mills or just cutters of the various types / shape, I'm not sure where the name Bit came from, regarding milling cutters, the first time I saw bit used, was the use of a Brace and Bit to hand drill a hole, and of course regular Drill Bits, anything that drill's a hole could be called a Bit I guess. Most milling cutters are not good at drilling holes, unless by design, the same goes for wood routers, not all can drill a hole very well. so if someone has not worked in a machine shop, everything to them is a Bit regardless of what it does.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec - Agreed, I've never heard a metal machinist call a tool a bit. But carpenters and cabinet makers call them bits. My father was a carpenter in the days of hand tools and I have some of his tools. I was talking to him about his work a while ago and the agreement had 30mins a day allowed for sharpening tools. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

In the UK we have Slot Drills too ( usually a two flute centre cutting milling tool ). They work quite well as emergency router bits.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    In the UK we have Slot Drills too ( usually a two flute centre cutting milling tool ). They work quite well as emergency router bits.
    Someone just called it a Slot Drill and it stuck, they are every where, just like the name Bits, get used for all types of cutters, which is incorrect, your Slot Drill really is a 2 Flute center cutting End Mill. so in reality it is a End mill in machining terms.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Afternoon All you Mill Heads - Todays Brevis No1 job was to complete the motor wiring, check the wiring, power Brevis up and not let the smoke out. All went to plan, Good-oh. I then set up the Z's screw drive and X axis belt drive drive and next week will belt the Y axis. Then I'll have two routers in the fleet. Then I can get serious with Frankenrouter. Did a small job on Scoot this morning and its time to start planning its dust extraction system... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Yippee - Today I finished the outside of the washroom, except the door. Yesterday I cut the cleats for the shelving on Scoot and completed all the shelves being cut. Plus I started moving tools and stuff into the shelves. Now to compete the inside! Plus need to get the dust extraction going....Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-outside-complete-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-cleats-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening all - Today I finished BrevisNo1 but forgot to take the computer so couldn't run it. Need to make a small aluminium bracket for the frame so this will be the first aluminium job for Scoot. Next is to make a new bench... making boxes to send parts to a customer as well... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-small-box-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-small-box-2-jpg  

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728