Build Thread Designing a new router called Brevis-HD - Page 15

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi All & Sundry - Today I completed the install of the thread inserts. Plus I got it levelled a bit better. Will let it settle again then do final adjust. Its quite close, close enough but I think I can get it a tad better. Next is to wait for the motion parts, get the metal parts on order and decide on the electronics.... Had to relevel my engineers level today. They are touchy things very sensitve... Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-insert-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-insert-2-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-level-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-level-2-jpg  

Good going Peter, came back to check your progress on the machine. what is the distance between those thread inserts? I kept it about 7cm and I still sometime can't fit my work.

-Rupesh

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rupesh - They are 110mm. They are an even fit between the webs. Scoot my last machine were at 200mm and yes they occasionally were too wide. But there was always a work around. Plus being a timber top if I really needed a spot I just drilled in a new one... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Today the first parcel from BST arrived., Its the cars and rails. So the other parts must be very close. Exciting! Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-parcel-1-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-parcel-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good Peter, now you have to work on 2 projects at the same time

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi All - Today the first parcel from BST arrived., Its the cars and rails. So the other parts must be very close. Exciting! Peter
    Mine just arrived as well. I wasn't expecting the box to be so heavy. I won't be getting to my build for a few more months so I'm very interested to read what you think of rails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Klaas - I'm always drowning. My projects, commercial projects and life's unexpected stuff! I like the term drowning, I'll use that more often. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Our lifeguards are 24/7 standby Peter

https://3jzi0q2zthm01oqpx2h96lz1-wpe...2906942159.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Klaas and all lifeguards - Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - All the motion parts are in from BST Linear. Everything landed here well. One bearing car was tight but turned out to be the plastic grease cap just needed loosening then retightening (probably bumped during transport). So tomorrow I measure everything up to check them and to see how they fit on the sub board. The year is nearly over and I see that YaG is the first project in my register for 2020! So these things take time!! I have to decide whether to use wood screws for the rail or metal thread screws. I like metal threads into the timber then epoxy set them once correct. Onto the next stage! Regards Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-support-bearings-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-ballscrews-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-277-00-10-base-motion-assm-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Today I started setting up the motion drives on the walls of the base. Found they had a small bump in the middle so lapped them flat and level. In the "lapped" image you can see the drive module at the back. So I suppose I should talk about the first set back. I found the wall rail to be too short by 250mm!! I didn't have the CAD with me and the assembly drawing showed it correct length but the part drawing which I ordered off was short?? damn... I can use the short rail on another machine (maybe Milli) so will get the correct one on order asap. But "why is it so?" driving home I realised its a configured assembly so can have a couple of different lengths as the part is configured for a variety of lengths as well. This is the first time I have used configured parts and assemblies in a production level design. I usually convert parts to absolute parts some time along the way so the assms and parts are always absolutely syncronised. So learnt something today... be careful with configurations!! Otherwise the wall tops are now flat and level ready to accept the gantry and drive assembly.

So I'm going to check everything else very carefully especially the configured parts like the ballscrews, then get the structural parts on order with any adjustments. The BST bearings and motor mounts look and feel very good. Small steps... Peter

I checked through the paperwork and models re short rail. Arggg. The supplied dwg was correct but I picked up the length for the order from the RFQ which was in error. I usually refer to the supplied dwgs in orders vs writing out duplicate stuff. More learning or reinforcement of old learnings anyway... The rest of the rails and screws seems to be correct so only a small inconvenience at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-lapped-jpg   Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-lap-plate-jpg  
    Last edited by peteeng; 12-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Keep it going Peter. 250mm is huge shortage. I generally triple check my dimension before ordering of even cutting/machining out of stock. Was bitten couple of time so I be careful.

keep posting, many of us come and read but don't comment. But we all are looking for this. lots of learning.

-Rupesh

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack - I've mucked about with the rails and they feel good. Same as other brands I have used. They are medium preload. Only time and some abuse will tell how they go... Tomorrow I review all the metal parts and start getting the laser part order together. I also have to decide on the electronics. Do I pull down Brevis 2 my small router and use those bits or do I order new bits. Don't like pulling a good router apart but no one has been interested in buying it so may as well morph it into a bigger machine. More interest in bigger machines. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-electronics-jpg  

Hi Peter,

can you share your wiring diagram for the whole setup. Recently my one of the drive stopped working and the vendor says its gone. The red light blinks every 3 sec when it powers up. Thats gonna cost some.

So just wanted to make sure I am doing the wiring right. I use mach3 usb breakout board.

-Rupesh

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rupesh - The wiring is standard as per the data sheets attached. Motors-drivers-BOB from stepperonline. Nothing special. I use UCCNC not mach. cheers Peter

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - New rails are nearly on way. Have ordered with BST, Waiting to pay and play.... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Morning All - I have started working through the structural parts getting the order ready. Currently the wall top plate is timber but I've had thoughts about it being aluminium occasionally. So I'm going to get a quote on laser cutting and on cnc milling it to see what happens. Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-yag-top-plate-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Replacement rails are on their way... yippeee... Peter

PS I'll use the 770mm ones on Milli....

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - Yep they are in the country past customs and on their way north to me... will be able to get it sorted late this week I hope then onto the structural parts...Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-tnt-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All- New rails just arrived so I can get YaG moving again - Yeh Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designing a new router called Brevis-HD-rails-jpg  

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast