Are these parts suitable for cnc router

Thread: Are these parts suitable for cnc router

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Are these parts suitable for cnc router

Hello my friends
    I want to build a cnc router(like MECHMATE) for wood with this dimentions(2400x1500x400 mm).
    Here's what I'm thinking to use :

# (HIWIN linear guide HGR20 with HGW20CC Block Carriage. from BST Automation)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...1c013b29aefI4o
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ( 4X Hybrid Leashine Nema34 Closed-Loop Motor 8Nm +600W Power supply)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hybrid-Leas...torefresh=true
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # (Controller board (UC300ETH-UB1)) (or UC300ETH-5LPT )
    https://www.cncroom.com/interface-cards/uc300eth-ub1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #( Rack and pinion MOD1.5(straight teeth) withe Pinion gear 20 teeth)(1.5Mod 20x20x1000mm spur Gear rack right teeth )
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...4-1f8e4615bea7
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # (2.2kw Water Cooled CNC Spindle Motor ER20 4 bearing and 2.2kw VFD Inverter )
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #( HTD3M Timing Belt Kit Pulley 3:1 60 Teeth & 20 Teeth Shaft Center Distance+80mm)
    https://www.amazon.com/HTD-3M-Timing.../dp/B014A86FME
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ( Ball screw 2005 -L 500mm + SFU2005 Ballnut + BK15 BF15 Support + 2005 Nut Housing Bracket + Shaft Coupler ) for z Axis

1) Are these parts suitable?
    2) If you have any comments on it, please tell me (for example teeth of pinion , MOD of Rack,belt width ,type of spindle and inverter ........etc)
    3) Are there any missing parts that I did not mention?
    4) Is BST Automation a trusted source of purchase?
    5) Also, please suggest sources of these items that can be purchased from and who have the possibility of international shipping

thank you in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Are these parts suitable for cnc router

BST Automation is a good store. I've had good personal experience with them and others on CNCZone have also.

True servos are available for a similar price / not much more.

Downloads
    Uploads

I use on my machine 4 off the items you list

# (HIWIN linear guide HGR20 with HGW20CC Block Carriage. from BST Automation)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...1c013b29aefI4o
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # (Controller board (UC300ETH-UB1)) (or UC300ETH-5LPT )
    https://www.cncroom.com/interface-cards/uc300eth-ub1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # (2.2kw Water Cooled CNC Spindle Motor ER20 4 bearing and 2.2kw VFD Inverter )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ( Ball screw 2005 -L 500mm + SFU2005 Ballnut + BK15 BF15 Support + 2005 Nut Housing Bracket + Shaft Coupler ) for z Axis

Bought all mine via sellers on Amazon machine been working for nearly 2 years now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    BST Automation is a good store. I've had good personal experience with them and others on CNCZone have also.

True servos are available for a similar price / not much more.
    Thanks pippin88
    where is this site?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    closed loop steppers are really not that much better than open loop steppers. The manufacturers do a good job of playing on your fears about losing
    steps but what they don't tell you is that closed loop steppers get overloaded at speed EXACTLY the same as open loop steppers. The closed loop
    does not change the physics of stepper motors, just your expectations of what they can do.

I would suggest spend the extra on LOW INDUCTNANCE steppers and the HIGHEST voltage drives and power supply you can find.

OR, as has already been posted, get genuine servos, a servo will eat a stepper for breakfast. I like and use Delta servos (Taiwanese made in China),
    quality at a fair price. DMM (Canadian made in China) is another quality brand at a fair price. There are cheaper Chinese servos but you risk reliability
    and backup.

Craig.

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you Craig
    I found this ( New Leadshine Hybrid servo Drives HBS86H work 24-80VDC or 18-60 VAC fit the servo motor 86HBM80-01-1000 out 8NM power 400-500W) [ US $195.32 + DHL Shippng 95$USD]
    (stepmotor induction=3.73mH current=6Amp)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...7e7e5361kPGCud

It's about the same price as regular stepmotor+driver
    BTW Are there any missing parts that I did not mention?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by iphone8 View Post
    thank you Craig
    I found this ( New Leadshine Hybrid servo Drives HBS86H work 24-80VDC or 18-60 VAC fit the servo motor 86HBM80-01-1000 out 8NM power 400-500W) [ US $195.32 + DHL Shippng 95$USD]
    I don’t have the time to look up that drive but I’m not really sure I’d go this route. Much of what one buys depends upon ones budget and ones expectations. If the goal is cheap go with a good stepper drive and stepper. If the goal is high performance then look at AC servos or DC brushless.

Also realize that a servo implementation is a bit more involved then adding a stepper to a machine. If you don’t have experience with servos I’d suggest sticking with steppers. When run properly steppers will produce good results.

This is where almost everybody ends up marking last minute purchases. Frankly there are dozens of items that you have mentioned that I’m not sure if you know about. For example building a proper control box for the electronics requires dozens of parts beyond the box to put everything in. Wire and cabling adds up as do fuses, switches, E-Stops and the like. Don’t forget drag chains or other cable management solutions.

Mechanically you have the same issue, dozens and dozens of items that have to be built into the cost. For axis with lead screws there are screw supports, bearings, couplings, belts and pulleys brackets & etc. the same applies for the rack driven axis. Then you have hundreds of screws and bolts to buy. In a nutshell you need to consider everything that makes a machine work.

This is just a quick response I’m sure others will find significant things I missed. In the end the bigger the machine the more you have to buy.

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you wizard
    I think I want to make such a machine
    Making of 210x310cm (6,8x10,1ft) CNC Router

Downloads
    Uploads

IPhone8.

I didn’t get past the first 7 minutes (busy today) but that video highlights one thing, that is all the misc. items you must buy.

One thing worth noteing is that you will need a drilling jig, drill press or both to make all of those clearance holes to bolt the extrusions together. Either that or you get a jobber to cut and machine the extrusions. It is pretty common that people think that extrusions make the machine assembly easier. That is only true if everything is cut precisely square and the extrusion is suitably flat.

Also a machine this big will require drag chains which need to be designed in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by iphone8 View Post
    thank you Craig

Hi, yes they look OK. I would prefer even lower inductance but 3.7mH is still pretty respectable for a 34 size stepper.
    Steppers have a great deal of torque for their size and value that is hard to beat for hobbyists.

I recently (four months ago) bought a 400W Delta B2 series (160,000 count per rev encoder) and paid $460USD including DHL shipping
    to New Zealand. The same supplier has been emailing me since with even better offers, $329USD (plus $38USD shipping) for the same 400W servo.
    This price is not that much more than your closed loop stepper ($195 +$95=$290).

Note that a 400W 3000 rpm servo only has a rated continuous torque of 1.27Nm but has temporary overload torque
    of about three times that, say 3.9Nm. Where a servo puts steppers to shame is at high speed, they retain their torque whereas a stepper
    does not. Note also that these servos are 23 size, so even smaller than your stepper....they really punch above their weight.

My concern is that you are paying serious money for a closed loop stepper when for a little more you can have genuine and quality
    servos. Servos of this description you will have for years.

More recently (two months ago) I bought three 750W Delta B2 series servos and drives, one with a brake, for a new mill build.
    The non braked units cost $460 each plus $80 shipping to New Zealand. These are 34 size, so the same as your steppers. They
    have 2.4Nm continuous and 7Nm overload up to 3000rm. They are more than a match for any stepper. They are also more expensive,
    not double, but getting close. The same Ebay supplier sells ToAuto servos and drives, a somewhat cheaper Delta copy. They have a 10,000
    count per rev encoder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/750W-2-4NM-...item1a19fba409

Hard to beat this value at $240 plus shipping.

Craig