Need Help! Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robwiacek View Post
    The Vetric Aspire license at $1995.00 includes 40 seats.

I’m sure you don’t know anything about my program.
    The boys are court ordered. It is a 24/7 facility with sentences in the range of 6-18 months.
    Reading and math levels for these high school age boys are around 3-4th grade. Most if not all have traumatic related injuries, both mental and some physical (or abuse). Most are on meds for ADD and other physiological issues
    So, in order to “hook” them, we need quick positive reinforcement.
    Welding is one of those programs I teach that gives them the quick hit.
    But, the CNC work, designing a simple box or rubber band power car, is exactly that! A quick hit.
    Most of these boys sell or do drugs or both!
    So the issues we have to juggle are sometimes overwhelming.
    I give any other “shop teacher” a week with these boys and they’ll crumble.
    It’s not easy, but out of 140 we may get 5 to go on to college or trade school.
    Hope the insight helps your understanding of another world many will never venture into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great work, man. Hopefully you've grown as well and have learned how to post and interact in a public forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis

Yes I had paroled students and disadvantaged students also.

My very best was watching ADD students who had problems learning from a book or passing a test excel at troubleshooting and repair. People do not understand why black students drop out and fail at jobs or are un-employed. I had one who told me when he was going to school the white side of town got new books, the ten year old worn out books went to the black schools. He was a special needs student and got zero help while the other side of town the white kids got put in special classes. Regardless he learned and got through my program and get a job.

So they drop out of school, can't get a job because of no HS diploma. So what else is left to do, hang out do drugs and sell drugs. Give these young folks a education not a check because 150 years ago their great great grandparents were slaves.

Yes, maybe you missed the part where I taught for 12 years, in the trade I knew about. My students got jobs, If they wanted to work.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

It’s not easy, but out of 140 we may get 5 to go on to college or trade school.
    Just one is a win; five is excellent.

Could you get any of the 'graduates' to come back for an hour to talk to the kids in the classes? A role model.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robwiacek View Post
    How do you know what was followed

I believe I found the problem.
    I slowed down the feed rate after feeling the motor on the X axis was getting too warm.
    I also paused the program in thirds to maintain a reasonable temperature.
    This worked.
    Sometimes hands on is the best method in problem solving.
    I thank ME for the help and all of YOU for guidance.

Downloads
    Uploads

A silly solution that works is not so silly.
    Yeah, a medium-speed reliable machine is much better than a fast but unreliable machine. Educational for all.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Yes I had paroled students and disadvantaged students also.

My very best was watching ADD students who had problems learning from a book or passing a test excel at troubleshooting and repair. People do not understand why black students drop out and fail at jobs or are un-employed. I had one who told me when he was going to school the white side of town got new books, the ten year old worn out books went to the black schools. He was a special needs student and got zero help while the other side of town the white kids got put in special classes. Regardless he learned and got through my program and get a job.

So they drop out of school, can't get a job because of no HS diploma. So what else is left to do, hang out do drugs and sell drugs. Give these young folks a education not a check because 150 years ago their great great grandparents were slaves.

Yes, maybe you missed the part where I taught for 12 years, in the trade I knew about. My students got jobs, If they wanted to work.
    Having the role model that finds a job, gets a job and stays in the job because he has responsibilities is a very important missing link.
    So, instant gratification of selling drugs for quick money is the fix for not having to grind it out.
    Thanks for your help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345