Need Help! Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vetric Aspire nose dive on Z Axis

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Are you choosing a 3d toolpath in Aspire? I don't know how else to say it, you will know if you chose 3d or just a pocket. It sounds like you are using 3d toolpaths and there has been a bunch of suggestions on what could cause the problem. At this point it doesn't seem like you want to put in the work and want someone to troubleshoot for you over the internet and tell you what to do. My advice at this point is to hire someone locally to come out and look at your machine and the file that you are trying to cut since you won't post the information.

Good luck getting it figured out Rob let us know what happens.
    At this point, it doesn’t seem like you want to put in the work.
    That’s an interesting comment.
    So far I’ve gotten great information, yes... even from you.
    I’ve check my parameters, changed some of those parameters, identified the tool paths and explained them as well as I could.
    I’ve considered electronic noise, added a ground cable inside the dust hoses and pipes all the way back to the collector itself.
    I’ve opened up all terminals, used a low pressure air hose and vacuum to eliminate dust.
    I’ve added grounds to all important areas where needed. I revisited Mach 3 to tune the 3 axis’s.
    I’ve run both tough and finish tool paths above the surfaces, air cuts if you will.
    So to infer “It doesn’t seem like you want to put in the work” is an unfair and quite frankly untrue.
    Thanks for your time. It was helpful.
    Tomorrow I’ll run the 2 programs on foam and see if all this work that I didn’t want to do, pays any positive results.
    Sincerely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you choosing a 3d toolpath in Aspire? I don't know how else to say it, you will know if you chose 3d or just a pocket. It sounds like you are using 3d toolpaths and there has been a bunch of suggestions on what could cause the problem. At this point it doesn't seem like you want to put in the work and want someone to troubleshoot for you over the internet and tell you what to do. My advice at this point is to hire someone locally to come out and look at your machine and the file that you are trying to cut since you won't post the information.

Good luck getting it figured out Rob let us know what happens.
    And BTW... what else can I post to prove to you.... I am diligently active in this problem solving issue?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robwiacek View Post
    And BTW... what else can I post to prove to you.... I am diligently active in this problem solving issue?

Now that you finally posted a picture you might get some good suggestions, you still should post either the cad file or screen shots of the cad and cam along with the simulated part, toolpaths and so on. Also now that I've seen the part I really want to see a video of it being cut along with showing the monitor showing what mach3 is doing when it messes up. Have you rerun the same part to see if was just a isolated incident or if it's repeatable?

1) what is up with the slot that runs off the part? (how did it happen?)
    2) where was the start point for the part machining?
    3) what is the dark circle that looks like burnt wood? (how did it happen?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Now that you finally posted a picture you might get some good suggestions, you still should post either the cad file or screen shots of the cad and cam along with the simulated part, toolpaths and so on. Also now that I've seen the part I really want to see a video of it being cut along with showing the monitor showing what mach3 is doing when it messes up. Have you rerun the same part to see if was just a isolated incident or if it's repeatable?

1) what is up with the slot that runs off the part? (how did it happen?) After the plunge happened as shown with the dot on the left, the PRZ must have been skewed when the ball mill pulled out if the hole. It seems that at that point, the Z was off along with the X
    2) where was the start point for the part machining?
    The PRZ Is of course lower left of the MDF block. The starting point is at the 6:00 position of the circle more or less.
    3) what is the dark circle that looks like burnt wood? (how did it happen?)
    I assume, you’re asking about where the Z plunged.

So it’s obvious you haven’t seen any of my other conversations with other contributors.
    See above for answers.
    Thanks for staying involved. I appreciate it.
    I’m purchasing 10 Vetric Aspire sears for the school I’m trying to create a STEM program.
    I’m not going to tell them of this till I go as far as I can.
    Tomorrow will be a good test to see if all my steps have amounted to anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robwiacek View Post
    I assume, you’re asking about where the Z plunged.

So it’s obvious you haven’t seen any of my other conversations with other contributors.
    See above for answers.
    Thanks for staying involved. I appreciate it.
    I’m purchasing 10 Vetric Aspire sears for the school I’m trying to create a STEM program.
    Tomorrow will be a good test to see if all my steps have amounted to anything.

So if I'm understanding you the endmill just all of a sudden plunged into the part and the x and y axis stopped moving and the endmill burned the mdf?

1) What happened next., did you do a tool check and restart the program from the point it froze up? Did it in fact freeze up where it plunged in? Did it just automatically go back to the correct depth and resume cutting the part?

2) What happened where the slot is at, the one that goes from the dish and runs completely off the mdf? Was that already in the piece of material or did the machine "run away on you"?

3) I have no clue what you are talking about with what you are purchasing, are you just using the trial version of Aspire?

Downloads
    Uploads

This has nothing to do with Aspire. It's either a Mach3 issue, or your machine is stalling and losing position.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    This has nothing to do with Aspire. It's either a Mach3 issue, or your machine is stalling and losing position.
    He has been told this over and over, Aspire creates the gcode the controller (computer) and the machine runs it. Very basic stuff.

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Downloads
    Uploads

Here’s another run of the program.
    After reviewing the G Code in Mach 3 there is nothing to say that it’s a coding problem.
    The machine sounded like it was grinding a bit on the X axis.
    Appx 5” into the cut the first time it nose dived.
    Now appx 7” into the cut it made that fringing sound causing the PRZ to go off thus showing that long groove in the left side of the cut.
    I’m going to open up the cover on the ball screw on X and check the locking collets.
    I’ll answer your questions after I review the ball screw.

Downloads
    Uploads

So if I'm understanding you the endmill just all of a sudden plunged into the part and the x and y axis stopped moving and the endmill burned the mdf?
    YES
    1) What happened next., did you do a tool check and restart the program from the point it froze up? Did it in fact freeze up where it plunged in? Did it just automatically go back to the correct depth and resume cutting the part?
    YES... the PRZ was now off so it made no sense to start from the error without trying to locate the original PRZ.

2) What happened where the slot is at, the one that goes from the dish and runs completely off the mdf? Was that already in the piece of material or did the machine "run away on you"?
    That slot was NOT in the material. So yes the machine took off.
    3) I have no clue what you are talking about with what you are purchasing, are you just using the trial version of Aspire?
    I’m using an older version with a borrowed PC to get 3D parts easier to make.

I’m purchasing NEW software for my school and when I get it and load it at school I’ll run it again.
    If the same issues occur, I’ll reach out to them.
    Thanks for your continued interest.

Downloads
    Uploads

The machine sounded like it was grinding a bit on the X axis.
    Appx 5” into the cut the first time it nose dived.
    Now appx 7” into the cut it made that fringing sound causing the PRZ to go off thus
    The noise your hearing is the motors stalling, or losing position.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The noise your hearing is the motors stalling, or losing position.
    Yup[
    So when I stopped the program, rewind, go to zero..... this is what happened.
    I m clueless now.
    I think it’s the motor but I’ll check the connections.

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190619/c6411cf55f43de3c99253dc85e229efe.jpg[/IMG]

Downloads
    Uploads

[WONDER IF GHIS HAS ANT EFFECT?QUOTE=ger21;2301812]The noise your hearing is the motors stalling, or losing position.[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast