Need Help! cnc router problem

Thread: cnc router problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc router problem

hi all i have an older ooznest ox cnc router table seem to have sorted out most of the mechanical problems but i am having a recurring problem which mite be the control board or software not sure when cutting it will stop when cutting a job and the gcode sender crashes also is there an alternative to gcode sender that will work with my old control board
    thanks Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cnc router problem

Gee... Let me try to guess what control board and software your using? I am thinking really hard and I will get back to you with an answer. Oh I am going to have to try and guess what computer and OS, that might take some more time.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Gee... Let me try to guess what control board and software your using? I am thinking really hard and I will get back to you with an answer. Oh I am going to have to try and guess what computer and OS, that might take some more time.
    ok right using G code sender soft ware to run the board
    the control board is CNC xpro
    running off a laptop with win 10

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dave243 View Post
    ok right using G code sender soft ware to run the board
    the control board is CNC xpro
    running off a laptop with win 10
    Well is the dork even compatible with GCode Sender?? I generally think of UGS as an Arduino solution in conjunction with GRBL.

As for Windows 10, sadly I’m of no help there as I would never run that OS if there are alternatives.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats a basic hobby grade board, all in one GRBL. Unless you have a perfect location with clean power, and no EMI it will pick up electrical interference and crash. I had something like that on a blue light diode CNC it ran slow and crashed a lot. Windows 10 is not a good OS for hobby grade systems. Yes you can make it work if you know how, but its not worth the effort. I use Windows 7 Pro on all my machines. There are some control systems made for Windows 10 and they work fine. Acorn is one, do some google searches.

http://www.spark-concepts.com/cnc-xpro-v4-controller/

Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.DIY CNC kit

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks i will look in to this now I have a rough idea where i am heading now thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dave243 View Post
    hi all i have an older ooznest ox cnc router table seem to have sorted out most of the mechanical problems but i am having a recurring problem which mite be the control board or software not sure when cutting it will stop when cutting a job and the gcode sender crashes also is there an alternative to gcode sender that will work with my old control board
    thanks Dave
    If your board is LPT (printer) port pinout compatible then an alternative is a UC100 USB or UC400ETH or UC300ETH ethernet motion controller. They all work with 3 softwares, mach3, mach4 and uccnc. The software used is your choice.