z axis losing steps as I cut. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: z axis losing steps as I cut.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: z axis losing steps as I cut.

N10 G90 G94 G91.1 G40 G49 G17

N20 G28 G91 Z 0.

Remove the G91.1 and G91 codes and see if that helps. Also the tool length compensation (G43+) may be being added to the offsets since it's in incremental mode.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    N10 G90 G94 G91.1 G40 G49 G17

N20 G28 G91 Z 0.

Remove the G91.1 and G91 codes and see if that helps. Also the tool length compensation (G43+) may be being added to the offsets since it's in incremental mode.
    They are already removed in the code I posted, and he is not using incremental mode it's programed as it should be in absolute

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, with my frustrations check, I decide to reinstall mach3 and establish a new profile. I copied via screen captures to record the input information. Loaded the information into the profile and took the desktop back to the shop. I did a trial with out the machine connected and it looked like it was working, DRO's moving in the correct direction... I hooked up the machine to the computer and nothing happened! Too frustrated to continue so I packed it in for the day. I spent the morning reading the manual to see If I can figure this out that way. I also tried to run your code (mactec54) and had no luck and had to reenter the values of the code as when I copied it via text edit (Mac) and view it with word it was weird. So I cleaned it and saved the file. Needless to day it did not work, still.
    Today I went to the shop and loaded the original profile and ref all, set work coordinates and tried an air cut and it appeared to work just fine? I set the zero on the stock and started again, Again it (your code) worked just fine? This is leading me to think it was the gcode produced by fusion360. Thinking that I have cut this whole code before and only made change to the code and that was the peck feature (drill? in fusion) that may have caused this whole issue? Anyway, I'll try and run the program that Fusion created without the pecking and see how that goes.
    While I'm here, How do you change the g28 settings so when a cut is finished, the gantry will move to a different location instead of machine 0,0,0? The way the machine sits in the shop, I'd like to have it park in the upper right corner (when standing at 0,0,0, lower left of the table)
    Many thanks for helping out!
    rockaukum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rockaukum View Post
    So, with my frustrations check, I decide to reinstall mach3 and establish a new profile. I copied via screen captures to record the input information. Loaded the information into the profile and took the desktop back to the shop. I did a trial with out the machine connected and it looked like it was working, DRO's moving in the correct direction... I hooked up the machine to the computer and nothing happened! Too frustrated to continue so I packed it in for the day. I spent the morning reading the manual to see If I can figure this out that way. I also tried to run your code (mactec54) and had no luck and had to reenter the values of the code as when I copied it via text edit (Mac) and view it with word it was weird. So I cleaned it and saved the file. Needless to day it did not work, still.
    Today I went to the shop and loaded the original profile and ref all, set work coordinates and tried an air cut and it appeared to work just fine? I set the zero on the stock and started again, Again it (your code) worked just fine? This is leading me to think it was the gcode produced by fusion360. Thinking that I have cut this whole code before and only made change to the code and that was the peck feature (drill? in fusion) that may have caused this whole issue? Anyway, I'll try and run the program that Fusion created without the pecking and see how that goes.
    While I'm here, How do you change the g28 settings so when a cut is finished, the gantry will move to a different location instead of machine 0,0,0? The way the machine sits in the shop, I'd like to have it park in the upper right corner (when standing at 0,0,0, lower left of the table)
    Many thanks for helping out!
    rockaukum
    Yes if the word changed it then it was in a different format before you open it set up the save as type at the bottom of the word window Notepad should work as well, the program I posed run in Mach3 may be 50 times without a miss

You want to change your post processor to get rid of the G28 used in your program like I posted G28 is incremental and if you don't have a G90 after it's use you have a good chance of crashing, so it is best not used

To get your machine to go where you want it

G80G0Z2.0 ( G80 only used if you are doing a canned cycle Drill Etc G80 cancels the Canned cycle and the Z axes moves up 2" or any number you want it to )

G90G53X______Y_________ ( to where ever you want it to move to )

M5

M30
    % ( Don't forget this at the top of your program and the End of the Program )

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12