Spindle Recommendation - Page 11

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spindle Recommendation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Recommendation

Most Canadians have horror stories to tell regarding cross border UPS shipments.
    I could tell a few but don't want to bad mouth US sellers for simply not understanding UPS policies.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Just the shipping cost seems to be the problem then which I'm sure they would correct if you contacted customer service
    He did say that he contacted them about the shipping overcharge with no response.

Al lot of sellers "in Canada" list USD prices instead of Canadian prices.
    "ADD" the "Overcharged Shipping", the "Taxes", and the "KILLER" "Exchange Rate"... what do you get?
    SURPRISE!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I order from a company in Canada so no duties on that. They charged me USD dollars but I was aware of that. I paid approx 72 USD including HST or Canada tax.
    My issue is that they overcharge me $10 extra which is pocket change but still, they did not have the decency of getting back to me to explain why the jump without my consent.

A reputable company doing this leaves me a lot to say about their reputation. Good thing it was $10 grab from $40 dollar order. Can imagine how much they sneak out of you from bigger orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just the shipping cost seems to be the problem then which I'm sure they would correct if you contacted customer service
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Par View Post
    I paid approx 72 USD including HST or Canada tax.
    Using a currency conversion for today $72 USD = $96.60 Canadian Dollars

I'd say $96.60 Canadian Dollars is pretty close to $100.00 Canadian Dollars that he claimed cost him. That's not counting the currency processing fee from the Bank.

So much for buying from Igus Canada instead of Igus USA!

i wonder what is the limit spindle we can use for normal extrusion cnc build? etc bt30 spindle which got 4-6kw

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by teamloks1 View Post
    i wonder what is the limit spindle we can use for normal extrusion cnc build? etc bt30 spindle which got 4-6kw
    For an extrusion would depend on the construction 3Kw to 4Kw should not be a problem if it is built rigid enough most only use 2.2Kw on extrusion machines

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Par View Post
    I order from a company in Canada so no duties on that. They charged me USD dollars but I was aware of that. I paid approx 72 USD including HST or Canada tax.
    My issue is that they overcharge me $10 extra which is pocket change but still, they did not have the decency of getting back to me to explain why the jump without my consent.

A reputable company doing this leaves me a lot to say about their reputation. Good thing it was $10 grab from $40 dollar order. Can imagine how much they sneak out of you from bigger orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would talk to a manager not just the sales people, they can't quote a price then change it for something else

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by allaces View Post
    Using a currency conversion for today $72 USD = $96.60 Canadian Dollars

I'd say $96.60 Canadian Dollars is pretty close to $100.00 Canadian Dollars that he claimed cost him. That's not counting the currency processing fee from the Bank.

So much for buying from Igus Canada instead of Igus USA!
    So where else can you buy the cable you need at a better price, the cable cost with the exchange rate added is only $53.62 for the $40.00US Dollars conversion Taxes and Shipping is a norm that everyone has to deal with does not matter where you live

Mactec54

For an extrusion would depend on the construction 3Kw to 4Kw should not be a problem if it is built rigid enough most only use 2.2Kw on extrusion machines
    yeah just thinking to use atc bt30 spindle for it if not rigid enough can only use iso 20 or 25

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah just thinking to use atc bt30 spindle for it if not rigid enough can only use iso 20 or 25
    You would not know until you tried it a 30 taper is a lot better than a 20 I would try one if it was a choice and you have enough power to run a larger Kw spindle to give you an idea you want a 25A main breaker for a 2.2Kw 3Kw spindle

Mactec54

You would not know until you tried it a 30 taper is a lot better than a 20 I would try one if it was a choice and you have enough power to run a larger Kw spindle to give you an idea you want a 25A main breaker for a 2.2Kw 3Kw spindle
    im from malaysia using 230v can supply 1 phase 32A max or 3 phase 32A each line just normal calcaulation that 32a*230=7360watt if my calculation is correct

Downloads
    Uploads

im from malaysia using 230v can supply 1 phase 32A max or 3 phase 32A each line just normal calcaulation that 32a*230=7360watt if my calculation is correct
    If you have the use of 3ph then use it, you have enough supply for any of the size spindles you where looking at just look at the VFD required input current for the size spindle you want to run and you will be in a good place if you can use 3ph supply

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So where else can you buy the cable you need at a better price, the cable cost with the exchange rate added is only $53.62 for the $40.00US Dollars conversion Taxes and Shipping is a norm that everyone has to deal with does not matter where you live
    I just did the conversion for you and it's not $53.62 your stating. Why do you feel a need to say that it did not cost him the $100 it did?

"I'm sure" Igus is not the only supplier of "quality cable" here in Canada, or the only ones that can provide "suitable cable" for hobbyists at a "reasonable" end price.
    Canada is a fairly large country with manufactures of it's own. Might even find a suitable supplier close to home with no shipping or exchange rate.
    Worse comes to worse... I'll pay the $100 for 15' of cable and buy from Igus Canada!

Last edited by allaces; 03-09-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just did the conversion for you and it's not $53.62 your stating. Why do you feel a need to say that it did not cost him the $100 it did?

"I'm sure" Igus is not the only supplier of "quality cable" here in Canada, or the only ones that can provide "suitable cable" for hobbyists at a "reasonable" end price.
    Canada is a fairly large country with manufactures of it's own. Might even find a suitable supplier close to home with no shipping or exchange rate.
    Worse comes to worse... I'll pay the $100 for 15' of cable and buy from Igus Canada!
    No the Cable cost $40 US the conversion for $40 is $53.62 as of the rate for today, I only quoted the Cable cost as I don't know what your internal costs are

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

No the Cable cost $40 US the conversion for $40 is $53.62 as of the rate for today, I only quoted the Cable cost as I don't know what your internal costs are
    I don't understand the point you are insisting on making.

The TOTAL COST to him was $100 CAD not $53.62

if $53.62 CAD was the total cost to my door... I would have bought from them myself!

What makes it even more outrageous... the shipping to him from supposedly "Igus Canada" and the SAME Province was $25USD not $25CAD

It looks to me that Igus Canada is just an office in Canada and the orders get fulfilled is the US which accounts for the crazy end price to the Canadian consumer.
    Shipping is not a norm that everyone has to deal with... you may be able to buy locally if you do your homework and a lot of Canadian suppliers offer "Free Shipping" or "Reasonable Shipping" as they do in the US.

But before you post that FREE Shipping is not FREE... I do accept the fact that Shipping is always worked into the price to make it so called Free.

But at least.... the price is the price and there is no SURPRISE!!!

Last edited by allaces; 03-09-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't understand the point you are insisting on making.

The total cost to him was $100 CAD not $53.62

if $53.62 CAD was the total cost to my door... I would have bought from them myself!

What makes it even more outrageous... the shipping to him was $25USD not $25CAD

It looks to me that Igus Canada is just an office in Canada and the orders get fulfilled is the US which accounts for the crazy end price to the Canadian consumer.

Shipping is not a norm that everyone has to deal with... you may be able to buy locally if you do your homework and a lot of Canadian suppliers offer "Free Shipping" or "Reasonable Shipping" as they do in the US.

But before you post that FREE Shipping is not FREE... I do accept the fact that Shipping is always worked into the price to make it so called Free.

But at least.... the price is the price and there is no SURPRISE!!!
    As for what we where talking about was not the overall cost but just the cable cost it's self

That makes sense that if it was shipped from the US and not in Canada the cost would be crazy, give the Canada IGUS a call and find out for sure what they are doing You could get someone in the US to ship you some if it was a cheaper way to do it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

As for what we where talking about was not the overall cost but just the cable cost it's self

That makes sense that if it was shipped from the US and not in Canada the cost would be crazy, give the Canada IGUS a call and find out for sure what they are doing You could get someone in the US to ship you some if it was a cheaper way to do it
    That's where the homework comes in

i wonder can i use flood coolant with air cooled spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

i wonder can i use flood coolant with air cooled spindle?
    I personally would not do it.
    There's a very good chance that the fan would suck and atomize the splash coolant and make it a bad and dangerous working environment... and worse than that if it was not a sealed motor.
    Fans and coolant don't work well together

I personally would not do it.
    There's a very good chance that the fan would suck and atomize the splash coolant and make it a bad and dangerous working environment... and worse than that if it was not a sealed motor.
    Fans and coolant don't work well together
    ahhh the more excuse for atc spindle

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast