Spindle Recommendation - Page 6

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spindle Recommendation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Thanks I found it in the spec's you posted before, check all your wiring before powering it up you only get one chance
    "you only get one chance" ... understood,
    Thanks mactec54.

Downloads
    Uploads

Would this be a good shielded cable for 220V VFD and 220V 2.2kw spindle set?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Farr...b-ea610ae1e7c2

If so, which would be the correct Gage?

If not, please point me in the correct direction.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Pal View Post
    Would this be a good shielded cable for 220V VFD and 220V 2.2kw spindle set?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Farr...b-ea610ae1e7c2

If so, which would be the correct Gage?

If not, please point me in the correct direction.
    Why would you buy an unknown brand of cable, with no spec's I posted what cable you needed in the Parameter Post I don't recommend any other Shielded Cable unless you have the specs it looks ok and appears to be double shielded but has no flex rating or voltage ratings the IGUS cable you can get it right away it's more expensive but German quality cable

From the other post

For your spindle Connection cable required ( IGUS CF6-15-04 ) ( Ph 401-438-7270 )

Last edited by mactec54; 02-27-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Why would you buy an unknown brand of cable, with no spec's I posted what cable you needed in the Parameter Post I don't recommend any other Shielded Cable unless you have the specs it looks ok and appears to be double shielded but has no flex rating or voltage ratings the IGUS cable you can get it right away it's more expensive but German quality cable

From the other post

For your spindle Connection cable required ( IGUS CF6-15-04 ) ( Ph 401-438-7270 )
    Sounds good, I'll be going with your recommendation.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I noted that this cable is using 16 Gage wires, is that Gage adequate for a 220/240V 2.2kw spindle and VFD as well?

Downloads
    Uploads

#16 AWG is rated for 10 amps. It could be pushed a bit.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Thank you wmgeorge.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Cable I spec which is 16 AWG is rated 18Amps

Last edited by mactec54; 03-01-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Pal View Post
    I noted that this cable is using 16 Gage wires, is that Gage adequate for a 220/240V 2.2kw spindle and VFD as well?
    The Cable I gave you the spec's for is rated 18Amps which is more than is needed

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It depends on the temperature rating of the wire.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 03-01-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not in this country NEC ratings are #16 = 10 amps, #14=15, #12=20 and so on. If they are THHN/THHW they can be pushed a bit but not doubled.
    Yes but this is in any country nothing to do with NEC ratings of regular cable you are referring to, I said 20Amps I was thinking of another 16AWG cable I use, this cables spec for CF6-15-04 = 18A rated, I have some that are at 24A for 16AWG

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Recommendation-mcmaster-hook-cable-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It depends on the temperature rating of the wire.
    True but the temperature rating is good as well if 18A @ 30C is not good enough nothing would be

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes but this is in any country nothing to do with NEC ratings of regular cable you are referring to, I said 20Amps I was thinking of another 16AWG cable I use, this cables spec for CF6-15-04 = 18A rated, I have some that are at 24A for 16AWG
    The NEC has everything to do with wire ampere rating and overcorrect protection. No matter what the manufacturer of the cable spec's if it was installed on a inspected job it would be rejected. Section 240 and 310 covers it pretty well.

Downloads
    Uploads

The NEC has everything to do with wire ampere rating and overcorrect protection. No matter what the manufacturer of the cable spec's if it was installed on a inspected job it would be rejected. Section 240 and 310 covers it pretty well.
    Yes it sure does if you understand how it all works, you are starting your BS again

Not at all I have had it inspected many times, you are not dealing with regular cable you can by at the local hardware store, I have exported machines all over the world which most have higher standards than the NEC regulations require as far as cable goes

Mactec54

ericks

Buying mains cable from a supplier that doesn't give you at least the voltage rating is not a good idea. We use Lapp cable on some of our machines, they very good...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Buying mains cable from a supplier that doesn't give you at least the voltage rating is not a good idea. We use Lapp cable on some of our machines, they very good...
    Looks like your Lapp cable is identical to the IGUS Cable, Voltage and Amps rating plus Flex rating if it needs it, are 3 of the most important things to start with Insulation Shield density Etc are all part of a good cable selection

Mactec54

ericks

Yes they most likely come out of the same factory...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it sure does if you understand how it all works, you are starting your BS again

Not at all I have had it inspected many times, you are not dealing with regular cable you can by at the local hardware store, I have exported machines all over the world which most have higher standards than the NEC regulations require as far as cable goes
    Look it up. The US has the most strict regulations in the world. We had to routinely rewire machines not up to NEC regulations. Just because some factory worker wires a machine with not Code wire does not make it right. There are exceptions for cable trays installed in an industrial applications.

FYI you can make and wire anything you want and there is no inspection for Export. BUT when it gets to the destination it has to pass Insp.

Look it up.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 03-01-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI you can make and wire anything you want and there is no inspection for Export. BUT when it gets to the destination it has to pass Insp.

Look it up.
    Not True, correct with the last part of inspection at destination that should be mandatory everywhere but it is not, NA has the worst practice of this compared to other countries, these Chinese Spindle are an example of that, with no Ground connected on 90% of them

I have been through this process and doing this since the 80s, and are quite sure you have no clue what is involved, it has to be approved also before export, nobody wants to export something to another country and have to rewire it when it arrives, the only time I have had a problem was when I had fitted a 120v transformer instead of a 230v, so I solved that problem by making all new Transformers dual Voltage, this was for powering electronics so was a very small 2A transformer

NEC has a cable requirement you will see that are no different than any other country, the cable spec I proved exceeds the NEC requirement for these Spindles and no inspector would fail it like you have said

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone can look up what I posted, just grab a copy of the NEC and find the sections I posted above. Quote the section of NEC Code your reading about approved cables, you do have a copy don't you?

So what big company do you work for Mac? They must not have any business if your posting on CNC Zone all the time? Hope you don't lose your job when they find out.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast