Spindle Recommendation - Page 4

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spindle Recommendation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Pal View Post
    The sellers who sold me this unit seem to know all about 115 volt 3 phase motors

I have the (2) 120V line = 240V service in my home.
    Will their 1 line 220 VFD work with (2)120V lines like I have?
    Would you simply connect the (2 )120V lines where they would normally connect their (1) 220V and (1) neutral wire to?

I could not feel good trying to sell this crap to someone after finding out that it's junk.
    Is anyone out there looking for a setup like this knowing that?
    If you tell us where you live what country ??? which by what you are saying is NA if you have 120v supply so yes you can install it if you live in NA

Your connection would be to the VFD Drive 120v ( R ) Hot and Neutral to ( T ) Ground to the Ground terminal

You will need at least a 35A circuit to supply enough current at 120v

The VFD to Spindle connection is U V W

U=Pin1
    V=Pin2
    W=Pin3
    and Ground to Pin 4

Last edited by mactec54; 02-23-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I would not even consider installing. Sorry. Since since you really have 220 volts . I would try to sell on Craigslist and get one that will work. I did not know they made 115 volt 3 phase motors.

Only the Chinese make this 110v 3ph junk to catch the new users that want to use NA 120v single Phase and as I said they are junk

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Since your UK standard voltage is 220 volts across the line and the center pin is for equipment Earth ground i am almost sure you can not use that safety ground to carry what would be the Neutral line voltage in this country. Legally in US following the NEC you can not use the equipment ground as a neutral. If you needed 240 volts just for the motor you would be fine. You need to check. The so the wiring going to the VFD is going to carry 23 amps at 110 volts.

But They seem to have an problem with the math involved. The motor nameplate says 110 volts at 8.5 amps, that comes out to 935 watts. Thats a long, long ways from 2.2 kW. more like a little over 1 Hp. 746 watts = one electrical Hp.

I am doing some research on your power circuits and I will let you know what I find. Well here what I have. Your incoming is 220/240 volts ok, but its two wire. One wire is Hot and the other is Neutral. The third wire is earth or equipment ground. Between the Hot and Neutral is 220/240 volts single phase 50 cycle. Thats it. You can use those two incoming wires to feed a 220 volt VFD rated for single phase and get three phase out.

So the only way for you to get 110/120 volts is to install a step down transformer capable of supplying at least 23 amps out on 110 volts. A big waster for the price of the transformer and the heavy duty wire needed.

Instead of trusting what I found on the internet I would contact your local electrician or power company. Sorry.

When I was working and we had equipment come in from Europe it was always fun hooking it up
    Please be aware that I'm in the US, not UK, did I mislead you?
    The reason I originally bought this 110V setup was because they had a pic showing it basically wired to NA 220V (2 120V hot lines) which is now clearly wrong for this setup.

I did not think that the standard 220V VFD they normally sell would work in NA, because other countries (like the UK) use only one 220V line and a neutral instead of two hot 120V lines like we do to get 220V (240V).

I only realized that I actually bought a 110V (120V) setup after I read a post on CNCzone which a guy basically bought the same I did and blew up his VFD because he wired it with 2 120V hot lines = 240V as the "pic he also found" showing it wired that way. It should have been wired as 120V only with a hot 120V and a neutral (not two hots) as was shown.

I found the following on aliexpress:
    Technical Features:
    Input & Output
    Input Voltage : 110V, single phase or three phase
    Input Frequency: 47-63Hz
    Output Voltage : 110V, three phase
    Output Frequency: 0-50Hz / 0-400Hz

I have no idea what is true... but they claim Output Voltage : 110V, three phase
    I read on CNCzone that there is no such thing as 110V 3 phase... Is there such a thing?

I'm including some info I got to see if ANY of it makes sense.

I included a pic I made of what I now think the wiring is supposed to be.
    Needless to say I'm very disappointed with myself for this purchase.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Recommendation-vfd-specs-jpg   Spindle Recommendation-2-2kw-spindle-specs-jpg   Spindle Recommendation-correct-wiring-110v-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Well regardless of what you have been told you have 110/120 3 Phase motor as your looking at it and holding it. Just a reminder that not everything posted on the Zone is true!! So get some #10 stranded wire and a 30 amp 120 volt breaker for your circuit breaker box and your in business, Hook up as they tell you and same for your motor. Use #14 stranded wire and it should be the special wire extra flexible and shielded wire made for spindle wiring. It has 4 wires, 3 for hot and one for grounding and its shielded. Its going to be a bugger soldering that wire to those little pins inside the plug connector. I used a short piece of cable and soldered to the pins and then ran to a small junction box on the Z cartridge and then spliced to the long lead going back to the VFD box.

Buy yourself a good DVOM and learn how to use it. You will find out quickly your two 110 volt lines coming in are actually 220 volts Line to Line. UK is two wire also, and its 220 across those two incoming lines, but only one wire is hot referenced to ground. Hard for us here in the USA to understand, but thats the way it is. You will also find out its not 110 but more like 115 or 120 to neutral or ground. Mine reads higher than that. You will also find its not 220 but more like 240 or more line to line. Been that way a number of years.

Reminder you really only have,,. what a 1 1/2 Hp spindle.

Mactec54 can help you with the setup

Last edited by wmgeorge; 02-23-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Please be aware that I'm in the US, not UK, did I mislead you?
    The reason I originally bought this 110V setup was because they had a pic showing it basically wired to NA 220V (2 120V hot lines) which is now clearly wrong for this setup.

I did not think that the standard 220V VFD they normally sell would work in NA, because other countries (like the UK) use only one 220V line and a neutral instead of two hot 120V lines like we do to get 220V (240V).

I only realized that I actually bought a 110V (120V) setup after I read a post on CNCzone which a guy basically bought the same I did and blew up his VFD because he wired it with 2 120V hot lines = 240V as the "pic he also found" showing it wired that way. It should have been wired as 120V only with a hot 120V and a neutral (not two hots) as was shown.

I found the following on aliexpress:
    Technical Features:
    Input & Output
    Input Voltage : 110V, single phase or three phase
    Input Frequency: 47-63Hz
    Output Voltage : 110V, three phase
    Output Frequency: 0-50Hz / 0-400Hz

I have no idea what is true... but they claim Output Voltage : 110V, three phase
    I read on CNCzone that there is no such thing as 110V 3 phase... Is there such a thing?

I'm including some info I got to see if ANY of it makes sense.

I included a pic I made of what I now think the wiring is supposed to be.
    Needless to say I'm very disappointed with myself for this purchase.
    What you read is true the Voltage you put in is the voltage you get out, apart from Parameter changes which can change the voltage slightly

No there is no such thing in NA this is a Chinese made 110v 3ph spindle to make a sale in NA tricking the buyer

I posted for you what the wiring needs to be for a 120v connection but even you VFD is not the real thing so at the point until I see more details of the VFD drive, do you have the manual for the VFD

Your VFD is not the real thing also that is a copy of the HY but what copy do you have, you need to make everyone aware of where and who you brought this from so hopefully they don't buy from this dealer

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

CNC-Pal are you in the UK?? If your in US which I do not know since you did not list your country, I had assumed your question was about UK voltages.

Since your UK standard voltage is 220 volts across the line and the center pin is for equipment Earth ground i am almost sure you can not use that safety ground to carry what would be the Neutral line voltage in this country. Legally in US following the NEC you can not use the equipment ground as a neutral. If you needed 240 volts just for the motor you would be fine. You need to check. The so the wiring going to the VFD is going to carry 23 amps at 110 volts.

But They seem to have an problem with the math involved. The motor nameplate says 110 volts at 8.5 amps, that comes out to 935 watts. Thats a long, long ways from 2.2 kW. more like a little over 1 Hp. 746 watts = one electrical Hp.

I am doing some research on your power circuits and I will let you know what I find. Well here what I have. Your incoming is 220/240 volts ok, but its two wire. One wire is Hot and the other is Neutral. The third wire is earth or equipment ground. Between the Hot and Neutral is 220/240 volts single phase 50 cycle. Thats it. You can use those two incoming wires to feed a 220 volt VFD rated for single phase and get three phase out.

So the only way for you to get 110/120 volts is to install a step down transformer capable of supplying at least 23 amps out on 110 volts. A big waster for the price of the transformer and the heavy duty wire needed.

Instead of trusting what I found on the internet I would contact your local electrician or power company. Sorry.

When I was working and we had equipment come in from Europe it was always fun hooking it up
    If I bought a 220V VFD that is basically wired for Europe, UK, etc... (220V and neutral), would that VFD work in NA if you wired it with the two 120V lines going to the 220V and neutral instead?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What you read is true the Voltage you put in is the voltage you get out, apart from Parameter changes which can change the voltage slightly

No there is no such thing in NA this is a Chinese made 110v 3ph spindle to make a sale in NA tricking the buyer

I posted for you what the wiring needs to be for a 120v connection but even you VFD is not the real thing so at the point until I see more details of the VFD drive, do you have the manual for the VFD

Your VFD is not the real thing also that is a copy of the HY but what copy do you have, you need to make everyone aware of where and who you brought this from so hopefully they don't buy from this dealer
    I bought it in 2017 from aliexpress.com
    The Store:MASTER JIANG 1SMT

I don't see him selling what he sold me anymore, but here is the link to his store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/321...7e054e94INhWxV

Thank you for the wiring info.

I do have a manual. What do you need from it?

Last edited by CNC-Pal; 02-23-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

If I bought a 220V VFD that is basically wired for Europe, UK, etc... (220V and neutral), would that VFD work in NA if you wired it with the two 120V lines going to the 220V and neutral instead?
    Same advice I gave before. Buy youself a decent DVOM and learn at least how to read voltage. It makes no difference to the drive how you get the 220 volts. Between the two wires in the UK its 220 volts, between the two hot wires in the US its 220 volts. It may read 110 each side to neutral or ground / earth but you do not care about that. This question comes up All the times with imported laser machines. Mactec 54 has got it right on the strictly 110 v only VFDs and odd ball 110 v 3 phase spindles they are junk.

Downloads
    Uploads

Same advice I gave before. Buy youself a decent DVOM and learn at least how to read voltage. It makes no difference to the drive how you get the 220 volts. Between the two wires in the UK its 220 volts, between the two hot wires in the US its 220 volts. It may read 110 each side to neutral or ground / earth but you do not care about that. This question comes up All the times with imported laser machines. Mactec 54 has got it right on the strictly 110 v only VFDs and odd ball 110 v 3 phase spindles they are junk.
    I do have a Multimeter that I use quite frequently, but I did not know that "It makes no difference to the drive how you get the 220 volts". Now I do... thank you. Could there be any situation where it would make a difference?

Downloads
    Uploads

I do have a Multimeter that I use quite frequently, but I did not know that "It makes no difference to the drive how you get the 220 volts". Now I do... thank you. Could there be any situation where it would make a difference?
    No.

Downloads
    Uploads

that spindle made by changzou jianking company
    if weren't sure ask them

wf021021@163.com

or Skype

please note what is engraved valuses on spindle they are the right parameters you using when you set up the VFD

huanyang drives are fairly simple to set up

im sorry the right name is huajiang

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    that spindle made by changzou jianking company
    if weren't sure ask them

wf021021@163.com

or Skype

please note what is engraved valuses on spindle they are the right parameters you using when you set up the VFD

huanyang drives are fairly simple to set up

im sorry the right name is huajiang
    It seems you are knowledgeable on these drives.
    What is your opinion on the 110V setup I was sold?

Downloads
    Uploads

heres an original pdf for huanyang drives

page 7 declare that

The 220V power source may turn on RST willfully two phase.

this should help you deciding if you can feed 2 live on RST

http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

page 7 declare that

I'm afraid I don't understand your response to my question. Please try again.

Downloads
    Uploads

yes, try again to read...
    page 7

heres your question

Would you simply connect the (2 )120V lines where they would normally connect their (1) 220V and (1) neutral wire to?

Downloads
    Uploads

I forget to say

you can see a line in the post , should shown in blue
    move over the pointer then click
    it should redirect your browser to the page and open a pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

page 7

heres your question

You got the wrong question. That one was already answered for me.

Here is the one I had for you:

Downloads
    Uploads

page 7

heres your question

Stop confusing the OP he does not have a 220/240v VFD his VFD is for 110/120v Only

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You got the wrong question. That one was already answered for me.

Here is the one I had for you:

You are making this more confusing than it has to be you don't have anything to do with 220/240v power supply so don't talk about it, your VFD Drive is 110/120v and your spindle

The VFD you have I need to know what the spec's are what was just posted is not for your VFD Drive go to any page in your manual where there are some parameters and do a copy and post it here, I will have the manual and can give you the Parameters you need to set

So by posting this photo this I will know what VFD Drive copy you have, the Parameters are different with every VFD Drive the copied VFD Drives some work ok but are nothing like the real thing

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

page 7 declare that

He does not have a Huanyang VFD Drive, and you have no clue as to what you are posting about the wiring for his VFD Drive

Mactec54

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast