Spindle Recommendation - Page 2

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Spindle Recommendation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Par View Post
    I was thinking 1.5kw on a 120V(15A) circuit. I will do a little more digging on issues most users have encountered.
    You need a minimum of a 25A circuit for a 1.5Kw spindle running on 120v supply make sure if you do this that you get a 120v input VFD Drive that is 220v output then your spindle will be 1.5Kw 220v

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

what would be the advantage of having an output of 220V compared to a 110V output for a 110V spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

what would be the advantage of having an output of 220V compared to a 110V output for a 110V spindle?
    There is no such thing as 110v 3phase ac motors this is a made up motor that they come up with, to catch the 120v NA hobby marked the problem is it is very inefficient and does not perform, any where near at the rated Kw

See if you can find a 1.5Kw 110v spindle with the correct amps rating that would be need for it to be a 1.5Kw 9.5A minimum depending on efficiency

The snip below tells you the amperage you need to supply the VFD Drive with the different voltages

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Recommendation-single-phase-voltage-amps-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The snip below tells you the amperage you need to supply the VFD Drive with the different voltages
    Thanks For the info. It's starting to make sense now.
    So If I get a VFD with Input and Output of 110V, and a 110V / 1.5kW spindle, even-thought the stats of the spindle are 1.5kW, I will only get a max of 0.8kW?
    If I get a 0.8kW spindle would I get the approx 0.8kW out of it which would be cheaper than the 1.5kW?

I will look for a VFD with 110 in and 220 out, and change the electrical outlet to a 25A. I need to put this option and the one above in a balance to see what fit my needs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking like I made a proper decision to stick with the RT0701C as a spindle for now. It's a little noisy, but I always use hearing protection anyway. I'm not sure I have 25A available to my shop.

So If I get a VFD with Input and Output of 110V, and a 110V / 1.5kW spindle, even-thought the stats of the spindle are 1.5kW, I will only get a max of 0.8kW?
    If I get a 0.8kW spindle would I get the approx 0.8kW out of it which would be cheaper than the 1.5kW?

I will look for a VFD with 110 in and 220 out, and change the electrical outlet to a 25A. I need to put this option and the one above in a balance to see what fit my needs

Downloads
    Uploads

You just don't want a 110v spindle 220v only so yes you get a VFD Drive that is 110v/120v input and 220v output and then that will match the 220v 1.5Kw spindle and they work quite well with this setup, and use a 2.2Kw 110/220 rated VFD for this as well

If everyone did this and not buy these 110v spindles, hopefully they would go away, and those unsuspecting buyers' would be a lot happier to buy this combination

This is the VFD you want for your 1.5Kw spindle

VFD 2.2KW Input Voltage 110V Output Voltage 220V Spindle Inverters HUANYANG AC Drive frequency converter

MODEL:HY02D211B-T

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fretman_2 View Post
    Looking like I made a proper decision to stick with the RT0701C as a spindle for now. It's a little noisy, but I always use hearing protection anyway. I'm not sure I have 25A available to my shop.
    I feel you. It seems that having a proper spindle is a bit complicated; considering the potential programming issues, electrical wiring associated with it and changing to a 25A breaker on my house elec panel. Meanwhile the router is plug and play but has its limitation to higher reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I feel you. It seems that having a proper spindle is a bit complicated; considering the potential programming issues, electrical wiring associated with it and changing to a 25A breaker on my house elec panel. Meanwhile the router is plug and play but has its limitation to higher reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Parameter setting and wiring is very straight forward I have parameter setups for more than 60 different VFD Drives for these spindles

If you have trouble with finding a suitable VFD Drive you can use a step up Transformer 120v to 240v 3000W which some have done then they use a standard 220/240v VFD Drive and spindle

So for around $70 for the Transformer you can have what you need to drive a 220/240v VFD Drive

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Recommendation-120v-240v-st-3000-png   Spindle Recommendation-120v-240v-st-3000-2-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the additional alternative, Mactec.
    What would be the difference in performance between the recommended option being:
    25breaker at the breaker box + VFD 110 in and 220 out 2.2kW + 220v 1.5kw spindle
    To:
    Wiring a 220v outlet + VFD 220v 2.2kW + 220V 1.5kw spindle
    Would it be the same or very slightly better the 220V?
    Sorry for the lack of technical terminology to define “better”

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the additional alternative, Mactec.
    What would be the difference in performance between the recommended option being:
    25breaker at the breaker box + VFD 110 in and 220 out 2.2kW + 220v 1.5kw spindle
    To:
    Wiring a 220v outlet + VFD 220v 2.2kW + 220V 1.5kw spindle
    Would it be the same or very slightly better the 220V?
    Sorry for the lack of technical terminology to define “better”
    Adding a new Circuit would be the best option if you can do it, Make it a 30A Circuit 4 wire which then gives you the ability to have 120/240v from the same circuit

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It takes X watts (746) to make one Hp no matter if it comes from 120 or 240 volts. Transformers have losses so its not free ride stepping up from 120 to 240 VAC. There are losses also in a VFD or Inverter when going from single phase to three phase.

Single phase 240 volt Motors do not require a neutral wire. You only need two hot wires and a equipment ground.

Higher voltage for a given load in kW lets you use smaller wire size. Three phase is more efficient at running a motor as it does not require capacitors or starting devices.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...p-to-watt.html

Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    It takes X watts (746) to make one Hp no matter if it comes from 120 or 240 volts. Transformers have losses so its not free ride stepping up from 120 to 240 VAC. There are losses also in a VFD or Inverter when going from single phase to three phase.

Single phase 240 volt Motors do not require a neutral wire. You only need two hot wires and a equipment ground.

Higher voltage for a given load in kW lets you use smaller wire size. Three phase is more efficient at running a motor as it does not require capacitors or starting devices.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...p-to-watt.html
    But it requires twice the amps to achieve the same 746watts, on the different voltages, that's elementary level math V(V) = P(W) / I(A) the Amp requirement it what is different, between using 120v and 240v, as for a transformer you always size a transformer to eliminate any loss there might be

This is the difference

120v @ 746w= 6.2 amps

240v @ 746w=3.1 amps

Mactec54

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast