What should i purchase?

Thread: What should i purchase?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What should i purchase?

hello all, im located in canada. my small business includes cutting aluminum composite 3mm 4x8 sheets. i cut approx 500 sheets a year. looking to purchase my own 4x8 router. it will be in my garage or basement. I am seeking some advice as to what type of machine to purchase. i have researched the cncrouterparts.com kits and like those as i can assemble it in my basement or garage. my only concern is do i need a really heavy duty industrial type setup for my needs (ie with a spindle, ball screws or rack etc). i only cut acm panels, and use 2 different bits currently. issues my current cutter guy has is hold down when cutting smaller parts as they tend shift sometimes. so i no for sure i would need a vaccum for the machine. i am able to assemble a kit myself, i just dont want to build a table for it i rather buy a full kit with everything i need and assemble it. i have software and computer so i wouldnt need that. concerning budget, i would pay 10k or less Canadian dollars if the machine can cut it properly. i have seen used industrial machines for sale locally for 10k-20k that look like they can do the job. links to kits that would work for based on what i cut now would be a big help. dont want to buy something overkill for my needs. thank you for your time

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What should i purchase?

I would say the minimum you would want would be a CNC Router Parts Pro series 4x8. Complete, they are probably over $10K US.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What should i purchase?

What are those usd machines like?

Since you have a very specific focus here with those ACM panels you should have a good idea what the accuracy and cut quality requirements are. You already know the machines size (work space) requirements so you need to focus on how robust a machine needs to be to meet quality requirements. Since I know zip about ACM panels I can’t help much here.