New Machine Build Question about cabling

Thread: Question about cabling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Question about cabling

Question about cabling: I am building a 4X4 CNC machine similar to the CNCrouterparts Pro.
    I am hesitant into investing $500 on ultra-flexible cables, but I do not want the machine to break all the time.
    Looking for recommendation / experience with different cable options.
    If I go with Nspec 35DA1604, http://nspec.ca/…/2…/12/NSPECCatalogue1016-December8th-5.pdf will I regret it later?
    Another option available locally could be LAPP 761604 https://www.alliedelec.com/lapp-group-u761604/70124632/
    Any comments / experience / suggestion?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question about cabling

Cable selection in my mind comes down to a few questions.

First do you need to run through drag chains? I so use a cable designed for that duty. These are more expensive so you buy only what you need. In this case find a local suplier to the automation I job t. The m

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the cable need to run thru a dragchain.

ericks

It would be best to buy the drag chain cables....

Last edited by ericks; 01-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow I drifted off in the last post.

If you are running cables in drag chains it is best to use cables designed to hold up there. This can get expensive so you want to minimize the amount of cable used to just the sections of the machine requiring the cables.

A little thought should go into the machine design so that the amount of wiring running through a drag chain is minimized. As for the stepper wiring I would suggest seeing if the manufacture has a reccomended size. If they dont check the lead wire size at the stepper and use that as a gage guide for the wire you buy. Generally you want to avoid high volume nductance cables for stepper circuits.

As for other circuits, if the power supplies are fused properly you don’t need a large gage cable for control circuits. The digital I/O ports simply don’t require a lot of current. What will get you is the cable for the spindle drive, this is Will absolutely require a heavy conductor cable To handle the much higher currents here. Depending upon the spindle size this could mean a 12ga. Conductor.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge5845 View Post
    Yes, the cable need to run thru a dragchain.