Small Part Workflow

Thread: Small Part Workflow

Default Small Part Workflow

I did a write-up of one of my workflows making small parts out of PVC plastic.
    Small Part Workflow-_mg_1957small-jpg

Its a small plastic end cap used to hold Christmas lights on a driveway marker.

You can see the full write-up here:
    https://www.kronosrobotics.com/string-light-cap/

Similar Threads:
    Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Small Part Workflow

Doesn't Inventor have Hsm Express? I was using it in Solidworks before I started with Fusion 360.

Great article !

I have an old version of Inventor (2015) HSM is not supported.

Inventor is crazy expensive so at $2000 per year, my old version does me just fine.
    That said, for small simple parts, I will oftain just fire up Corel Draw and create my basic shape. I then export for Vcarve to make my tool paths. The whole process of idea to ready to machine can be as quick at a couple minutes. Much of what I machine is done this way.

I have also used Fusion 360 but for simple things, I come back to Corel Draw and Vcarve. I am not a big fan of Fusion 360, as I have had issues with large complicated projects.

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

To each his own.

I had problems too with big assemblies in Fusion. For this kind of project I'm using the SolidWorks license I have at work.

For CAM I prefer Fusion especially for the price. Lol

This is the machine from my CNC Construction Set book series.
    Small Part Workflow-krccs-full-assembly-v4w-cncrp-mount-jpg

This has every single nut, bolt, and washer modeled including threads. It runs like a champ in Inventor (even my older version). It brings Fusion to its knees.