Newbie Software & Breakout board question - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Software & Breakout board question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software & Breakout board question

Getting Centroid's motion control know-how for that price is cheap but it's a business practice carried over from industry and it's not the hobby market norm
    Both parts of that are true. No disputing customers get something valuable for money spent.

Going back to the original question
    CNC Software: I see that Mach 3 is common, but I'm looking to build this thing on a budget and $160 is more that I had budgeted for. Are there any open source/low cost alternatives?
    Linuxcnc and grbl ore both open source and low cost (free) . The OP said $160 was more than budgeted. All the other options suggested will run circles around Linuxcnc with software step generation (ie: no Mesa help) but it gets a machine up and running.
    OP might have been willing to stretch that budget, it looks like we'll never know.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software & Breakout board question

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Are you sure?
    It's $299 + $139 for the software.
    It started at I think $269 + $99.
    The $269+$99 was the introductory price offered for a limited time that was advertised as such. When the introductory period was over the normal price was $329 I think. The $$99/$139 was for a software upgrade to pro level. with much more advanced features.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123