Hertz spindles from Turkey - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hertz spindles from Turkey

ericks

Default Re: Hertz spindles from Turkey

I have been working in the heavy industry all my adult life. Been maintaining and upgrading machines and equipment all the time, mostly Electrical....Designing and making stuff is what i love doing.
    Hopefully the router i am building now is just the start of many

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by dillonfitz View Post
    My first home made machine is what led to bigger machines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds great!

ericks

So i have been posting on my experience with the manufacturer of these spindles on my diy router thread. Thought it best to do it here so other people may know about my experience so far.

1) Was told to order HMB120 with the steel casing around the front bearings.
    2) Ordered HMB120/18000rpm/1.5KW/220V steel frame and HMB120/18000rpm/2.0KW/220V steel frame.
    3) Due to the shipping cost 170 euro i decided to order two motors.
    4) Received them yesterday, they are not steel frame.
    5) The 2.0 KW motor is marked as 380V.
    6) Reported this to manufacturer.
    7) They asked me to send a pic of the 2.0 KW motor wiring.
    8) They informed me that the lable is incorrect that it's actually 220V....???
    9) I performed my own torque test on the motors and found the 1.5 KW motor to have more torque than the 2.0 KW.....this would make sense if it was actually a 380V motor!
    10) We spoke on the phone and he assured me it was wired for 220v....i told him about the torque issues but he did not seem to want to know this.
    11) I then told him what about the fact that they sent me the wrong spec motors....he sounded surprised by this and told me he would look into it.
    12) Received an email yesterday informing me "Dear sir ,
    We will solve it , don't worry .
    You will be satisfied"

So far i have not heard anything from them today. When i turned the 2.0 KW motor over i saw the damage on the aluminium frame....
    Hertz spindles from Turkey-motors1-jpgHertz spindles from Turkey-badmotor-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hertz spindles from Turkey-motors1-jpg   Hertz spindles from Turkey-badmotor-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hertz spindles are very popular here. Their main factory is about 15km to my place but I never used one of their motors.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    Hertz spindles are very popular here. Their main factory is about 15km to my place but I never used one of their motors.

The service i received from them is shocking. They totally ignoring me now after they admitted they stuffed up my order and promised to sort it. Their website shows them to be honest but they prove they not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Thanks....its not just that the order was wrong but the labeling apparently not correct, also the 2.0 Kw motor is weaker than the 1.5 Kw motor. I now don't trust what they say or what they sell. They are the most unprofessional company i ever dealt with. Sorry for the ranting....

Downloads
    Uploads

Shady companies are all over the world... just because you have a website and hang a shingle out for business doesn't mean they are reputable or will be willing to help in case of these types of issues.

However, if you purchased with a credit card you may have some protection.. https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...n-benefits.php

Even PayPal will help if its a shady deal... https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...center-faq3327

I hope that they are willing to help make you whole and provide what they promised or refund the transaction.

Adam,

G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    Shady companies are all over the world... just because you have a website and hang a shingle out for business doesn't mean they are reputable or will be willing to help in case of these types of issues.

However, if you purchased with a credit card you may have some protection.. https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...n-benefits.php

Even PayPal will help if its a shady deal... https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...center-faq3327

I hope that they are willing to help make you whole and provide what they promised or refund the transaction.

Adam,
    I bought directly from the manufacturer. It was a bank transfer. The CFO contacted me.....we are busy trying to sort something out. He is on vacation so early next week i should know what will happen.
    Fact is if they send products so far away they need to make sure they get the order right. The shipping alone was 170 euro.

ericks

Update....they offered me a 200 euro refund. Not really what i wanted, i wanted what i paid for but the high shipping cost makes it impossible.
    I will use the motors they sent me and see how they go

ericks

Now that i have used the 1.5Kw motor for a while i think it good that i give an update.

The motor....

1) Runs accurately at the indicated speed of 18000 rpm / 300 HZ
    2) Current is balanced
    3) Temperature stays low during hours of use
    4) Bearing temperature stays low too
    5) Runs very smoothly, no vibration or mechanical noise.
    6) Makes a bit of noise from the cooling fan which is expected
    7) Torque is great, i am able to cut 20mm mdf with one pass....6mm endmill
    8) Able to cut at low speed with no heat or stalling issues

I have more than 30 years experience with electric motors and i can say i love this motor.

The issues i had with the order is now forgotten....this is something they should look at because they have a great product at a very reasonable price

Feel free to ask me anything re this motor

Hertz spindles from Turkey-hertz4-jpgHertz spindles from Turkey-hertz5-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hertz spindles from Turkey-hertz4-jpg   Hertz spindles from Turkey-hertz5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm from Turkey but I don't own a Hertz spindle. However I know people remove the integrated fan and put a computer fan to the top of the housing to have a quiet spindle.

The Hertz main facility is very near to my location. I'm building an ISO20 ATC spindle and I'll need a motor stator assembly for it to make it a motorized one piece spindle so I think I can get the motor assy from them. I hope.

Suat

ericks

That's fortunate to be so close The noise is not terrible....my neighbors have not complained

Downloads
    Uploads

I like it! Question: how can you mount a dust shroud on it? There is one on eBay now that is 2.2 KW 300hz. Priced at $250 USD with $30 shipping. I might pull the trigger but wonder what vfd it requires.

ericks

Let me take a pic of my dust shoe fitted and a drive i am using

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi erick. Have been followig your other thread and then found this one.
    Didn't realize you were in Aus. Where abouts? Im in qld wide bay. I may have ordered one of those spindles if i had seen this thread. I was looking at hertz and tekno. I got a teknomotor from daman cnc. He was great to deal with. Shipping was only 50€ from him cant believe how much hertz charged. My router is not finished yet i really need to update my thread. But just got my motorgoing motor going with a delta vfd. Anyway good to see you are happy now.
    Cheers.
    Barry.

ericks

The shoe has not yet fallen off....the drive is low cost but works great 2.2Kw

Hertz spindles from Turkey-dust3-jpgHertz spindles from Turkey-drive3-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hertz spindles from Turkey-dust3-jpg   Hertz spindles from Turkey-drive3-jpg  

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by v2tiller View Post
    Hi erick. Have been followig your other thread and then found this one.
    Didn't realize you were in Aus. Where abouts? Im in qld wide bay. I may have ordered one of those spindles if i had seen this thread. I was looking at hertz and tekno. I got a teknomotor from daman cnc. He was great to deal with. Shipping was only 50€ from him cant believe how much hertz charged. My router is not finished yet i really need to update my thread. But just got my motorgoing motor going with a delta vfd. Anyway good to see you are happy now.
    Cheers.
    Barry.
    Hi Barry, i am in Adelaide/Aldinga Beach. You chose well with the Teknomotor and Delta VFD. The teknomotor i wanted to buy was too expensive....the delta drives are good, i have installed a few. Please send me a link to your build i would love to check it out Thanks...

ps...my shipping was 200 euro, thats why i got so upset when they sent me the wrong motors

ericks

Decided to take the spare Hertz motor to work tonight. It's name plate indicates that it's a 380V motor...they told me that it was incorrectly labelled. When i did some simple torque tests i found that either it was not 2.0 Kw or it was indeed wired for 380V.

We will see tonight as i plan to connect it to a 380V drive....i honestly hope it is a 2.0 Kw motor. Obviously i will take care in testing cause i really don't want to damage this motor. If it's a 380V then i plan to either buy a 230 to 380V Sako drive or sell the motor

ericks

If anyone here in Australia is interested in this motor please let me know. I would like to use it myself if it's indeed 380V 2.0 Kw but the drive needed for 230V to 380V would not fit in the small space in the control panel. I would be willing to supply the motor with a drive, set up to your requirements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast