Hertz spindles from Turkey - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Hertz spindles from Turkey

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hertz spindles from Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Mate i know how motors work...
    The speed of these motors has nothing to do with applied voltage....whether you apply 220 v or 380 volts....the speed will be the same if the poles are the same and the freq applied are the same. No these motors are internally connected, so you don't have the option to change between star and delta. If that were the case then i would not have to wonder what the true applied voltage should be. If you read correctly you will find that i did apply 380 volts to the motor. Many 220 volts motors will start and run on a too high voltage but not for long.....like i said there was some heating but not extreme, but enough to convince me that this is in fact a 220v motor. With regards to speed, they both 300HZ/18000rpm motors. I will not run them past this speed even though i could. Fact is i paid for a 1.5kw motor that i received but the supposedly 2.0kw motor is not that.
    That's not accurate. The VFDs vary speed by varying voltage. You can check the voltage being output on the vfd. My spindle is a 240v one. At 24000 rpm is shows 240v out, at 12000 is shows 110v.

If you are sending 2.2kw to the spindle and it is working properly, it's a 2.2kw spindle. If it hits 2.2kw at 18000, you have 0.9 ft pounds of torque.

How are you measuring torque?

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    That's not accurate. The VFDs vary speed by varying voltage. You can check the voltage being output on the vfd. My spindle is a 240v one. At 24000 rpm is shows 240v out, at 12000 is shows 110v.

If you are sending 2.2kw to the spindle and it is working properly, it's a 2.2kw spindle. If it hits 2.2kw at 18000, you have 0.9 ft pounds of torque.

How are you measuring torque?
    Hi, i am not mistaken....i suggest you read up. First find the speed formula for these type of motors, then also look at the vf ratio information. And no we don't send kw to a motor, a motor consumes power that is dependent on the load

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    That's not accurate. The VFDs vary speed by varying voltage.
    DC motors (generally) vary speed by varying the motor supply voltage.
    AC motors like the Hertz spindles require a VFD - Variable Frequency Drive to gain variable speed control. As the name suggests, the drive changes the supply frequency to the motor to change the speed. The voltage does not change.

Not sure what you are reading regarding the voltage output on your VFD unless you have a DC spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update. The Hertz spindle is still working great, i sold the spare unit and just bought another two units. One for myself and one for sale
    220V_18000rpm_300Hz_2.0Kw....the heavier duty one that is suited for aluminium milling

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345