Unwanted movments

Thread: Unwanted movments

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Unwanted movments

Hi guys newbe here so please be gentle. Have quite a new machine that I built which was running great until all of a sudden it has started making random movements when cutting. For example was surfacing a spoil board and was working from the center out going round and round then suddenly turned before it was suppose to on a corner and kept cutting and continued round just off line. What I cant work out is that it isn't losing zero position like noise or bad steps? If I follow the cross hair it shows it is out of position in relation to the cut but mach3 knows where it is in relation to the table?? And if you stop and send home it is spot on. It doesn't do it every time so I cant see it's a code problem? Any ideas would be appreciated

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unwanted movments

check for something loose! Especially look at any couplings, pulley or other shaft mounted devices. Sometimes it is advisable to disassemble couplings to make sure nothing is rotating on a shaft as the set screws can often feel tight in such a situation.

Beyond that a better description might help. For example how many inches early is it turning?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unwanted movments

The only thing I can think of is that you have very low acceleration, and CV mode is rounding off your toolpaths.
    If you put Mach3 in Exact Stop mode, does is still do it?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    check for something loose! Especially look at any couplings, pulley or other shaft mounted devices. Sometimes it is advisable to disassemble couplings to make sure nothing is rotating on a shaft as the set screws can often feel tight in such a situation.

Beyond that a better description might help. For example how many inches early is it turning?
    Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking at this stage it's not mechanical as the mach knows where it is on the table. Sometimes it will go further than expected like extra pulses but it still knows where it is on the table?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that you have very low acceleration, and CV mode is rounding off your toolpaths.
    If you put Mach3 in Exact Stop mode, does is still do it?
    Will try this thanks. My acceleration is quite quick but will give it a go.