Router Replacement Spoilboard - Metal Extrusion

Thread: Router Replacement Spoilboard - Metal Extrusion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Router Replacement Spoilboard - Metal Extrusion

Hey Guys!
    I need to replace my router table surface and would like to switch from mdf to something more friendly to clamping and work holding. I'm thinking of some sort of t-slot extrusion but cannot find what I want. In my previous life, I had an Chinese router from XYZ Tech (which I gave to my son) and the surface on that machine was t-slots placed about 6" apart and the flats were coated with a rubber material. I don't really care about all that but my existing machine has about a 48 X 48 inch surface and I want to replace the entire surface with the new extrusion.
    Does anyone have a link to a vendor that sells this type of surface material (or something similar). All information is appreciated.
    I'll attach a pix of a small router that is similar to what I'm interested in!

Thanks.
    Bill

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router Replacement Spoilboard - Metal Extrusion-spoilboard-jpg  
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Router Replacement Spoilboard - Metal Extrusion

8020 sells similar extrusion. But the widths do not seem to come in panels. I would like a similar thing, but haven't found panels. You could purchase enough to cover the area and if you were to run into your board, you could replace smaller sections instead of whole areas.

Please reply when you find the thing you are looking for. If you find it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is one source.

Super Wide and Flat Extrusions

Tubular latex pressure vessel configuration engineer

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys;
    I requested a quote on enough material to cover 40" x 30" with t slot. Looks great (but I'm guessing really expensive!).
    Bill

billyjack

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

That vacuum clamp store looks like a decently priced place. I have a 4x8 CNC, and neither offer anything close to that width. The first place linked on another post doesn't say anything about pricing. I'll assume that's because it's probably a high number.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not bought from them, will be interested in what quotes are provided. On my own machine I decided to embed a grid of t-track and have been happy with how it’s working out.

I would think the extrusions are actually cheaper to produce than the cast or machined plates. I don’t know if they require a lot of post extrusion straightening or machining however.

Tubular latex pressure vessel configuration engineer

Downloads
    Uploads

Those sure look like they would work for me! But, the cost is not within my means at this time. Soooo, I think I'm going to source some 1 inch MDF and cut channels for screwed in t channel.
    FYI, I did get a quote from the first vendor listed by BE (thx) and the material is aluminum plate that has been milled flat on both sides. However, very expensive for a hobby application.
    Thanks again and if I do find a source of reasonable material, I'll post it here.

Bill

billyjack