Thread: HELP IN SETTING UP A ROBOT / ROUTER

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP IN SETTING UP A ROBOT / ROUTER

HELP IN SETTING UP A ROBOT / ROUTER

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and CNC world.

I have a small scale parts factory and we make custom body parts for automobiles. I am always looking out to make products precise and better quality.

I am looking for suggestions on making an all-purpose robot (since I can not afford separate robots and we will not be using it regularly) which can fit a waterjet cutting head to cut 4mm fiberglass parts and metal, laser cutting head to cut 2-3mm MS/SS/aluminum sheets, tig welding torch (not necessary), milling tool for wooden/foam patterns and 3D printing in plastic for patterns with work area approximately 1 cubic meter or more. If everything is not possible or proves to be very expensive, only milling and laser cutting heads will be ok for me as these will be used regularly.

Or if I can do this with a CNC router, let me know what will be the best options for me. 5 Axis minimum is required for my products.

What will be the total setup cost if I go with used / new machinery? Router / Robot.

Please let me know which will be the most economical robot for our purpose and head attachments for different work mentioned above. Where can I find used machines and used heads? What do I need to check for before buying a robot? What all comes with the machine?

I can find a CNC operator here in India who can operate the machine.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions and help.

Looking forward for reply.

Thank you and Best Wishes from India