CNC router build - Page 15

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC router build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC router build

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Its been a while since i programmed a micro. Fortunately i managed to run a pwm signal from the micro.....read it accurately on another pin. All that is left is to build and test the converter circuit to convert my micro output to 0-10 V. It might seem to some as overkill but with the micro i can do a few tricks...one is to have the spindle running with zero variation and have the speed exactly as set by Mach3. At least that is the plan
    Good job in finding a fix be interesting to see your board when you have it finished I have one that I have been trying out, but does not have the micro part It has a linear output and a pot to adjust the 0-10v

Mactec54

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Good job in finding a fix be interesting to see your board when you have it finished I have one that I have been trying out, but does not have the micro part It has a linear output and a pot to adjust the 0-10v
    Thanks Mac.....i will make a simple basic board now due to time constraints, later i want to make one with more functions, basically a little plc.
    I was going to order an off the shelf board but i did not want to get something that would not work properly. This one will be simple, a 24V to 12V/5V converter, these voltages will be available for the machine. Like i said a 8 pin pic micro and an opamp, also a trimpot to adjust the opamp output.

Anyway it still needs to pass the test once it's built on a board and installed in it's place

ericks

A couple of weeks ago i purchased a sandblaster. Hooked it up today and media blasted my Z-Axis motor bracket. What i like is all the machine marks are gone

CNC router build-zmotor-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-zmotor-jpg  

ericks

Supply installed and connected....

CNC router build-power2-jpgCNC router build-power1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-power2-jpg   CNC router build-power1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking great!

I would quite like a good blasting cabinet.... I have a little hand held hopper fed gun but it eats through media and makes a mess.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Looking great!

I would quite like a good blasting cabinet.... I have a little hand held hopper fed gun but it eats through media and makes a mess.
    Thanks.....i am keeping an eye to see if it's messing dust outside the cabinet, but looks good so far.

ericks

Update....received the ball screw support bearings. Excellent products and service from the supplier in Taiwan

ericks

Almost done with the little power supply board, hopefully it works as required....it,

1) Will be fed from the 24V/DC power supply
    2) Will supply 12V for the inputs and 5V for the bob
    3) Will do the pwm to 0-10V conversion
    4) Will be housed in a din rail box for ease of mounting

CNC router build-pcb4-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-pcb4-jpg  

ericks

Completed the psu/converter. Hope to test it next couple of days...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-pcb5-jpg  
    Last edited by ericks; 11-10-2018 at 11:02 AM.

ericks

Well i had a bit of trouble. The new 8pin micro i bought for this unit was not supported by any of my programmers. After struggling for a while i decided to order another part that my hardware supports. Hope to receive it soon....meantime i made a few changes to the pcb to be able to connect my programmer to the board. The lengths of the ball screws are almost finalized

ericks

Update....i managed to sort an old pc to control the machine. Loaded and tested Mach3, all good. The little power supply/converter is now programmed with the correct 8 pin micro. Will test it soon

ericks

Success....the little unit is working very well. I am getting a stable speed ref to the VFD. Everything is linear and spot-on, without tuning i managed to get 150.3 Hz when i selected half speed. Time now to complete the last bit of wiring and tidy up the panel.

The only thing i didn't check is the power consumption on the 5V side....cause my psu can only supply a maximum of 1 Amp.

CNC router build-test4-jpgCNC router build-test5-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-test4-jpg   CNC router build-test5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

This is great!

This enclosure is really neat!

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice control box, it looks like my fanuc.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs427 View Post
    This is great!

This enclosure is really neat!
    Thank you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Very nice control box, it looks like my fanuc.
    Thank you

ericks

Finally completed the sizing of the ball screws, hopefully i did not stuff up the sizing. The ends have been machined and they just shipped them out. I have decided to dump the cheap 5 axis breakout board, ordered a better quality unit. For a start the machine will run off the pc with printer port and Mach3...but i plan to buy a more modern control system, i guess i need to make sure the machine performs well mechanically before i spend real money on the controls

Downloads
    Uploads

Good job!

your electronics skills are million times better than mine, do you have an idea of the final price of that box all hook up? Keep up

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by HuguesP View Post
    Good job!

your electronics skills are million times better than mine, do you have an idea of the final price of that box all hook up? Keep up
    Thank you....sorry i did not keep track of what i spent, a few items i had lying around for a while

ericks

Between home renovating and work the build is slow atm. I did manage to start milling another section of the z-axis. Also made a mounting acrylic bracket for the new bob, hope to receive it soon...

CNC router build-plate5-jpgCNC router build-panel41-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-plate5-jpg   CNC router build-panel41-jpg  

ericks

Just received the new bob, quickly connected and set it up. Happy to report it passed the "worst case" noise test.
    Time now to tidy up all the wiring

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast