CNC router build - Page 4

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC router build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC router build

Thanks, its the same footprint as my machine....I have to finish it cause i have no other surface to build my machine on

Downloads
    Uploads

A little more progress......ready to start machining the extrusions and feet "brackets"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-table2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

A little more progress today, started to machine the extrusion for the universal fasteners...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-ext1-jpg   CNC router build-ext2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Messing around with the stand....decided to use a Electrical panel i had lying around, i will order a new backplate for the panel. I might keep the plc and hmi......depending on what i decide to add to the electrical controls.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-panel1-jpg   CNC router build-panel3-jpg   CNC router build-panel2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

very neat!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you....how is your build going??

Downloads
    Uploads

Just another update.....very frustrating cause my build is going very slow. Gave myself 12 months due to cost and work commitments. I have now finished painting the machine stand, decided to buy a larger panel because i would like to fit everything in one control box...including the VSD. Going with a Delta drive, only because i know the salesman and he gives me great prices on Electrical equipment. The control panel will be 600 mm x 500 mm x 200 mm.
    I am thinking of closed loop Leadshine stepper drives for the two Y- axis motors and the X- axis...for the Z- axis just a standard open loop drive. For the spindle a Technomotor....not sure what size to go for, can anyone please give me some advise on the size spindle....i currently use a Kress 1050 on my Chinese 6040 and it works really well....Do i really have to go to 2.2KW?? reason i ask is because i see lots of guys going for this size...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-table10-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Update....my mate picked up the new enclosure for me, he managed to drop it and one of the hinges broke where it was spot welded,,,,also a bit of paint damage. I managed to make a new modified hinge and take out the dents. Not good but what can you do

Started with the cooling fan installation, going to place the fan on the outside to free up more space inside the panel. Next is the filter installation....

I am doing these little updates hoping that someone might benefit from them.....i install the filter on the one bottom side and the fan on the opposite top side, i have found that this method works best for me. The plan is not to run the fan continuously but to have it start only when the temperature inside the box goes above a set point.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-fan5-jpg   CNC router build-panel14-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Do i really have to go to 2.2KW?? reason i ask is because i see lots of guys going for this size...
    Typically everything smaller than the 2.2kW spindles use ER-11 collets, which are only good for 1/4" and smaller tools. 2.2kW spindles typically have ER-20 collets which are good for 1/2" tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you
    I am building a relatively rigid machine but i am limited by my power supply at home....so i think around 0.75 - 1.5 Kw

Downloads
    Uploads

What do you have for power?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am installing a 20A power point.....the standard size here is 10A. I really dont want to go beyond 20A.
    Will be running four Nema 34 steppers and a vacuum cleaner...

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast