CNC router build - Page 27

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

Thread: CNC router build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC router build

I got a pleasant surprise today....all the ball screws arrived. Was expecting them in the new year, they were packaged very well. Won't have time to have a close look atm. Also ordered the motion controller and software
    CNC router build-ballscrew4-jpgCNC router build-ballscrew3-jpgCNC router build-ballscrew-jpgCNC router build-ballscrew2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-ballscrew4-jpg   CNC router build-ballscrew3-jpg   CNC router build-ballscrew-jpg   CNC router build-ballscrew2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Installed the UC300ETH motion controller with the UCCNC software....all seem to be working fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Slow going atm....projects around the house. I have a lot of aluminium milling to do to complete the build....trying to install a temporary enclosure around the 6040 cause milling aluminium makes a huge mess in my workshop.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Slow going atm....projects around the house. I have a lot of aluminium milling to do to complete the build....trying to install a temporary enclosure around the 6040 cause milling aluminium makes a huge mess in my workshop.
    Man, snap!

Just finished a new TV unit because I was fed up of the kid messing with my receiver and xbox, the wife has a long list of requests, the house has some outstanding DIY, I have about 80kg of fresh alu plate lying on the Man cave floor for the machine and I am also right in the middle of building a new enclosure before I carry on with the milling for the same reason

Screws look good - while I haven't used them yet I was impressed with the look of the TBI stuff.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Man, snap!

Just finished a new TV unit because I was fed up of the kid messing with my receiver and xbox, the wife has a long list of requests, the house has some outstanding DIY, I have about 80kg of fresh alu plate lying on the Man cave floor for the machine and I am also right in the middle of building a new enclosure before I carry on with the milling for the same reason

Screws look good - while I haven't used them yet I was impressed with the look of the TBI stuff.
    Same here, the wife keeps giving me stuff to do....we been renovating etc non stop for the last year. Plus been doing shut down maintenance at my work.
    I have to be honest the ball screws are still in the plastic covering, i have not even looked at the end_machining.

I actually told my wife last night that i need to finish the machine asap....the plan is to make stuff to sell and hopefully even try and build "machines" for sale.

You are really doing great work....i have been following your posts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So i had a bit of spare time to mill the first ballscrew support. It was a real disaster....i broke two new two flute endmills and my timber bit that i use to face the aluminium pieces.
    Now i need to order replacement bits and redo the support
    Should have quite when i broke the first bit!

CNC router build-ball1-jpgCNC router build-ball2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-ball1-jpg   CNC router build-ball2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still waiting for the endmills to arrive so i can redo the ball screw brackets. Today i milled one of the side plates to see if everything will work okay...found that i haven't machined enough on the gantry beam to make space for the ballscrew. Hopefully the alignment will be okay...

CNC router build-img20190111190906-jpgCNC router build-img20190111194050-jpgCNC router build-x3-jpgCNC router build-x1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-img20190111190906-jpg   CNC router build-img20190111194050-jpg   CNC router build-x3-jpg   CNC router build-x1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A bit more progress.....everything seems to fit okay, just a few little changes and the side plates should be good.
    The ball screw end machining is very well done.

CNC router build-gantry3-jpgCNC router build-gantry4-jpgCNC router build-gantry5-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-gantry3-jpg   CNC router build-gantry4-jpg   CNC router build-gantry5-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking good - sorry if I missed it but what material are you using there for the side plates?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks....those are just for testing/sizing.....i will be using aluminium

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yesterday while i was milling the side plate i was wondering how long the brushes would last on the Kress spindle cause it's been running lots the last seven years, well i need not have wondered cause it failed on me today

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The brushes were shipped overnight, managed to continue milling. Gantry is up and seem to be very well aligned....when i do the final parts out of aluminium i will spend time to get it as good as i can manage.
    Glad i used the acrylic for now cause i am finding a few things that need tweaking. I expect the weak point to be between where the side plates and bearing plates meet, so i will install a brace there most likely

CNC router build-gantry5-jpgCNC router build-gantry6-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC router build-gantry6-jpg   CNC router build-gantry5-jpg  

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast