New DIY build - design suggestions/ideas welcome - Page 24

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: New DIY build - design suggestions/ideas welcome

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New DIY build - design suggestions/ideas welcome

That looks really nice. I may have to give anodizing a try.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Wife told me it looks good that way and I should just do the whole thing red/black. What do you guys think?
    Your wife has a good taste of colours. I think it would look even better if everything was red and black, but... silver looks cleaner for a longer time, scratches are easily cleaned/polished (if you care about the looks), the work are is automatically lighter due to the more reflective surface so you will not need as much artificial light as you would with too much black. Also, now that you have come so far it would take a huge effort to anodize all the parts because you have to dismantle everything and start over with the screwing. Maybe that's done fast, but if you spent time in aligning then that time is wasted as well. So, while I agree with your wife regarding the looks, I would not do it. Maybe on the next machine...

Another thing... Your machine is already the most beautiful one I have seen so far. Now we want to see some videos showing the use of it. If it was my machine then the first thing I'd make on it is a gold medal for myself. Because that design definitely deserves one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah no it hasn’t been painstakingly assembled - just temporarily put together. Intention was always to anodise the whole thing, the only debate is about colour scheme! I had intended a gunmetal grey but it seems that colour eludes me on the anodising.

I think I’ve decided just to go black/red, but I have a busy week or so coming up which means I won’t be able to get much done and will have time to mull it over.

Yeah I’m excited to see how the whole machine works, but there’s a way to go yet unfortunately.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324