Need Help! Setting up home switch in-between all axis

Thread: Setting up home switch in-between all axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting up home switch in-between all axis

I have set up limit switch at both ends of all axis and NOW I want to set up home switch (active high or default close) in-between all axis in DIY approach.

Please guide me with a bit drawing or plz guide me how to use a read-made switch as home switch in the way as I want.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting up home switch in-between all axis

Why not simply use one of the limit switches as the home switch?
    If you do need a separate home switch for some reason, what exactly do you need help with? Wiring, software setup, something else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for reply, let's assume, x-axis is 3 feet long, I want to set home-switch (active high) at 1.5 feet (in the middle of x-axis) in DIY approach. Please guide with a bit drawing about any DIY structure or design for active high home switch.

I see many youtube videos, I could not get any idea because I did not see anyone using home switch in middle of axis. But I want to use it as described above.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure why you would want home switch in middle of Axis. You would only get a consitant home when coming from one direction. Home in the + direction or - direction would give you to different locations.

Downloads
    Uploads

One problem is, how would the machine know which direction to move for homing? Are you going to do a manual "pre-home" move every time you calibrate the machine? This is one of the reasons why people tend to put home switches at the end of the axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach3 will know, because you put that information in, In HOMING AND LIMITS. See great explanation and information on youtube (sp) mach3 homing. Need help also. My mill is up and running, can run gcode programs etc, but My machine is not homed. The limit switches are installed and working in series. all is wired from BOB as per manual, but diagnostics does not verify it by showing the yellow light coming on when switch is manually tripped. So I cannot proceed with REF ALL HOME. Maybe someone could give me an idea of what the common causes could be. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CAD226B View Post
    Mach3 will know, because you put that information in, In HOMING AND LIMITS.
    OK. Pretend you are Mach3. You just woke up. You know that your limit switches are at X=0 and X=1000, and your home switch is at X=500. You have no confirmed information about the machine's position. It can be at X=0, X=1000, or anywhere in between. The user presses the HOME button. Which way do you go, left or right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach3 will know, because you put that information in, In HOMING AND LIMITS
    It knows which way to go, but the switch may not be there. That's the problem.

The limit switches are installed and working in series. all is wired from BOB as per manual, but diagnostics does not verify it by showing the yellow light coming on when switch is manually tripped. So I cannot proceed with REF ALL HOME. Maybe someone could give me an idea of what the common causes could be. Thanks
    Are they set up as Home switches as well?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)