? about servos with pics

Thread: ? about servos with pics

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ? about servos with pics

I bought 3 of the clifton $9.99 servos and then I bought 6 japan pancake 24v servos with HP heds 9100 encoders ($49.95), I took the encoders off the japan motors, filed off the spline on the 6mm end of the motor and made an adapter plate and fit the encoder to the motors. On my x and y axis I have 1/2-10 acme lead screws with homemade nuts and the z axis has a 10mm ballscrew. This is for a router 16" X 30" I want to make rc plane parts and do some picture engraving. I want to use a trim router for the spindle. The questions are do I have to underdrive the motors or can I just not spin them that fast with lower volts. My encoders are 500cpr quads I know I don't need that kind of res. ,but for less that 10 bucks an encoder I coundn't pass it up, I read on here about to much resolution that the drives couldn't keep up with the following error so should I use the rutex drives instead. I'll try to get a pic of my router monday Its on the floor at my work. SORRY for all the questions, I will have more when I need a power supply and other electronics. THANKS!!!!!!!

Greg

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm setting up a Rutex driven machine also. Just finished wiring up the power supply.

Supply the Rutex drives with up to the max voltage rating of your servos and let the software you're using will control the speed.

Make sure you convert ac to dc. I've seen a couple people fry servos that way.

My servos are 60VDC so I'm using 43VAC before the rectifier/capacitor bank. (60vdc/1.4=vac)

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry can't get attachment to work I must be doing something wrong

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

The Rutex drives advertise 1,000,000pps, divided by your 500cpr drives that'd make it capable of driving your servos up to 2000 rotations per second (or 12000RPM), right? I'm a newbie to servos but the math does seem to fit (someone correct me).

Anyway, sounds like the upper limit on the capabilities of the drive is within a couple orders of magnitude of what you want to make sure you're capable of.