Vacuum required for 8x4ft bed - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum required for 8x4ft bed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vacuum required for 8x4ft bed

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Assuming you're running a DIY machine that is best categorized as a light duty commercial machine, I would think that the black box will take care of what you need.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RossMosh View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Assuming you're running a DIY machine that is best categorized as a light duty commercial machine, I would think that the black box will take care of what you need.
    Thanks for the link but they too are over on the available amps. Also they have a similar spec with a 13a side channel blower, being that they are 30a that kinda suggests they are not very efficient.

For the 13a 3phase SCB running on vfd. Just need to find out if vfd is going to draw 13a aswel or will it draw more. Any one know?

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Thanks for the link but they too are over on the available amps. Also they have a similar spec with a 13a side channel blower, being that they are 30a that kinda suggests they are not very efficient.
    Make sure you are looking at sound engineering data and not "marketing" data. Also continuous duty hardware is often designed with equipment heavily derated.
    For the 13a 3phase SCB running on vfd. Just need to find out if vfd is going to draw 13a aswel or will it draw more. Any one know?

Cheers
    In another forum, I half jokingly suggested to a guy to build a gasoline powered blower/vacuum. If the majority of the machine will be outdoors anyways this isn't as wild as it may sound. The suggesting came after I spent a weekend at a model engineering show (small engines and the like), where builders had their engines hooked up to all sorts of things. While that is hobby related there is nothing stopping one from putting this into practice. If the location has a natural gas service you could even plumb into that.

If this sounds over the top consider the variety of gas fired compressors out there for the construction and welding trades. The only real difference is that you will be sucking instead of blowing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers
    I hate to break it to you, but if you don't have power then you can't get vacuum. 230V and 30A isn't a crazy amount of power. It's roughly the same amount of power a home stove or clothes dryer uses. It's not unheard of for people to "share" those power sources. Garage mechanics for years have shared the garage clothes dryer's outlet with their compressor or welder. No harm in it as long as you're smart and only use one device at a time. The smartest people share 1 plug to keep everything legal and essentially eliminate any risk.

If you're really short on power, you can use 2 motors instead of 4. Many people report back using 2 motors on many projects is sufficient. Then you're only looking at needing about 15A of 220V.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RossMosh View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but if you don't have power then you can't get vacuum. 230V and 30A isn't a crazy amount of power. It's roughly the same amount of power a home stove or clothes dryer uses. It's not unheard of for people to "share" those power sources. Garage mechanics for years have shared the garage clothes dryer's outlet with their compressor or welder. No harm in it as long as you're smart and only use one device at a time. The smartest people share 1 plug to keep everything legal and essentially eliminate any risk.

If you're really short on power, you can use 2 motors instead of 4. Many people report back using 2 motors on many projects is sufficient. Then you're only looking at needing about 15A of 220V.
    Okay but why? Again less vacum and more amps than a SCB. Just not selling these vac motor arrangements to me at all.

Here in uk most home applicances are 13a max, I know the us have more lenient rules on the matter. My issue has already been explained, this site has a 100a fuse devided into two 50a rings, each ring has 8 or so units. Weston power will not increase the size of the 100a fuse so this is my predicament.

A circuit with a 50a fuse will only take 50a. If the draw is already 30a, drawing another 30a at same time it's going to trip. Sharing/splitting plugs makes zero difrence. Don't really know what you were trying to suggest there. Using one device at a time is not possible, one because I have no control over the other units power draws and this is a vacuum bed which is pretty useless if I cant actually run the machine at the same time. Like I say 20a is max I can draw for the pump.

Any one know the awser to the question about vfd amps? Will a vfd running a 13a 3phase SCB also draw 13a or will it draw more? Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Make sure you are looking at sound engineering data and not "marketing" data. Also continuous duty hardware is often designed with equipment heavily derated.

In another forum, I half jokingly suggested to a guy to build a gasoline powered blower/vacuum. If the majority of the machine will be outdoors anyways this isn't as wild as it may sound. The suggesting came after I spent a weekend at a model engineering show (small engines and the like), where builders had their engines hooked up to all sorts of things. While that is hobby related there is nothing stopping one from putting this into practice. If the location has a natural gas service you could even plumb into that.

If this sounds over the top consider the variety of gas fired compressors out there for the construction and welding trades. The only real difference is that you will be sucking instead of blowing.
    it's definitely engineering data for the SCB: 420m3/min -200hpa

Not so sure accurate the data is for the Black box hurricane: 645m3/min -13hpa

But as you can see there's no real argument which is better.

It's not a terrible idea!! One could pick up a supercharged engine and use the supercharger as a vacuum pump. Just you then have the maintenance of an engine.

However I'm not giving up on the 13a 3phase SCB running on a vfd just yet. If the vfd will to only draw 13a then there's no issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, I got an awser to my question. The vfd running 4kw at 13a 3 phase will draw around 17a single phase side.

Yay! Looks like I have a solution.

Downloads
    Uploads

it's definitely engineering data for the SCB: 420m3/min -200hpa
    I'm not familiar with the -200hpa spec. I'm use to seeing ultimate vacuum expressed in torr or inches of water
    Not so sure accurate the data is for the Black box hurricane: 645m3/min -13hpa

But as you can see there's no real argument which is better.
    Well maybe. As I said I'm not familiar with the spa term. Even so it sounds like the first pump is specified at a much lower vacuum level.

It's not a terrible idea!! One could pick up a supercharged engine and use the supercharger as a vacuum pump. Just you then have the maintenance of an engine.
    The monsters I create.
    However I'm not giving up on the 13a 3phase SCB running on a vfd just yet. If the vfd will to only draw 13a then there's no issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    I'm not familiar with the -200hpa spec. I'm use to seeing ultimate vacuum expressed in torr or inches of water

Well maybe. As I said I'm not familiar with the spa term. Even so it sounds like the first pump is specified at a much lower vacuum level.

The monsters I create.
    200 hpa is 150mm hg/torr if that makes more sense. So yeah over 15x more vacuum. Slightly less flow but not a massive amount less at 3/5ths the 4 vac motors, but I can imagine the flow from them 4 is overkill anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12