newbie , quick question

Thread: newbie , quick question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default newbie , quick question

Hi all, i am very virgin to cnc and was thinking of buying a 4' x 8' commercial machine. I have also thought of building. Does anyone know anythng about "Cad Cut CnC" ? It's plans for a 4x8 table.
    Also, I will mostly be using this table for cutting 2.5d signs- wood, foam, sintra. But I would also like to get into a little 3d work. Will a machine like this do that kind of work and does that depend on the software.
    Thanks for listening

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by extremecanvas; 10-04-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

in my opinion building is the way to go... but if you have the money, then i guess buying one will work... it really depends on what you have to work with, if your a good craftsperson, have a place to work, and a good understanding of things mechanical, then building is an excelent option... if you have $$ but not a lot of time, tools, or abilities, the buying a machine may be the route to go...

Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.